Author Topic: Poll: Cruz lead over Dem challenger down to 3 points  (Read 7290 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Re: Poll: Cruz lead over Dem challenger down to 3 points
« Reply #50 on: April 19, 2018, 12:03:51 am »
Ah, you may have missed it, but this is about Cruz and whether or not Trump want's him gone like he said he did awhile back.

And actually it was Breitbart that claimed Kasich was receiving Soros money: http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/03/14/report-soros-money-funding-john-kasichs-presidential-bid/

And it was Carson's incompetence that was the direct cause of the misinformation reported by CNN and others due to Carson's bizarre behavior leaving the campaign - but you already know that.

Carson's incompetence, but a coincidence that in two states, the Cruz campaign said candidates were dropping out.

As for Kasich and the Soros story, here's another:

A few hours before polls closed in the Empire State, John Kasich’s strategist John Weaver tweeted that the Texan was responsible for misleading robocalls—which falsely claimed that New York’s Democratic governor had endorsed Kasich.
https://www.thedailybeast.com/its-john-kasichs-turn-to-accuse-ted-cruz-of-dirty-tricks

Even if this was unproven, state after state we heard of these kinds of things.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #51 on: April 19, 2018, 12:04:33 am »

Offline corbe

« Reply #52 on: April 19, 2018, 12:10:26 am »
   You got me with that @TomSea
Yeah, as if these Evangelicals read the National Enquirer!

My bias is obviously showing again, fortunately it's not my Slip.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline DB

« Reply #53 on: April 19, 2018, 12:10:34 am »
Carson's incompetence, but a coincidence that in two states, the Cruz campaign said candidates were dropping out.

As for Kasich and the Soros story, here's another:

Everyone knows "robocalls" are all legitimate and made by the campaigns and no one else...

Trump won, you got the "conservatism" you voted for. By happy. Trump's legacy will be around for awhile and we'll make sure you get all due credit for it.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #54 on: April 19, 2018, 12:26:24 am »
Cruz camp lays into 'pathetic' Rubio amid Photoshop dispute

Cruz Campaign Pushes Photoshopped Image of Rubio Shaking Hands with Obama
by Alex Griswold | 10:55 am, February 18th, 2016

The Rubio campaign was predictably less than amused. “This is how phony and deceitful the Cruz campaign has become,” Rubio advisor Todd Harris told a gaggle of reporters in South Carolina, while holding up the image in question.

The pushback comes after Cruz faced criticism for what his opponents termed “dirty tricks” in Iowa. In particular, Cruz was criticized for pointing out an official-looking flyer telling voters they faced a “voter violation” unless they voted for him, and for telling supporters to spread a rumor that Ben Carson was dropping out of the race.

https://www.mediaite.com/online/cruz-campaign-pushes-photoshopped-image-of-rubio-shaking-hands-with-obama/

Cruz also had Beck on his side, national exposure, more popular probably in some markets.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #55 on: April 19, 2018, 12:52:47 am »
Cruz camp lays into 'pathetic' Rubio amid Photoshop dispute

https://www.mediaite.com/online/cruz-campaign-pushes-photoshopped-image-of-rubio-shaking-hands-with-obama/

Yep, all those poor voters were fooled by two men floating in the air with the capitol in the background as if it was a real picture.  It was so obvious a fake (complete w/ faded grayed background that shows better in the full photo / not cropped) that if that swayed anyone in how they voted, they were either a democrat or a Trump supporter to begin with.

BTW... got any pictures of Jeb Bush picking his nose? Trump did (and it was also photoshopped).
« Last Edit: April 19, 2018, 01:13:52 am by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline corbe

« Reply #56 on: April 19, 2018, 01:19:56 am »
    This was the kind of wup~azz I was talking about @Frank Cannon and if I'm not mistaken 51k Texans said that they've had enough and voted third party NOT Libertarian/Green in the General.

Texas GOP Primary 2016

Candidates                         Vote          Pct.       Delegates

Ted Cruz                           1,239,370     43.8%        104

Donald J. Trump                  757,618      26.7           48

Marco Rubio                        502,223      17.7            3

Not living in the past, just trying to reaffirm my point that when Texans had a 'real' choice they didn't chose Trump.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2018, 01:21:09 am by corbe »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Fantom

« Reply #57 on: April 19, 2018, 01:21:08 am »
I hope you're right about Cruz's margin of victory but wrong about him ditching the GOP.

It makes me cringe when people talk this way.  There is no third party that could win an election for dog catcher.  There won't be for years.  I see no progress in that direction at all.

We need Cruz in the Republican Party where he can help to reform it.

I agree. The R party with Conservatives of all stripes.... Tea and Trump, are about to lay claim to a Senate, one if not filibuster pruf is one that is strong enough to nuk the filibuster.

Now is not the time to go third.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline corbe

« Reply #58 on: April 19, 2018, 01:30:38 am »
   Obviously, I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night but each day that passes that a viable Third Party is not making noise is a day wasted.  Should have started up in Jan 2017.  The few Conservative Leaders we have in the GOP are still sucking on it's teat for political expediency ($$$$) and re election.   This GOP/DEM madness must stop if we are to survive as a Constitutional Republic.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #59 on: April 19, 2018, 01:41:14 am »
   Obviously, I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night but each day that passes that a viable Third Party is not making noise is a day wasted.  Should have started up in Jan 2017.  The few Conservative Leaders we have in the GOP are still sucking on it's teat for political expediency ($$$$) and re election.   This GOP/DEM madness must stop if we are to survive as a Constitutional Republic.

Take a chill pill @corbe  , you shouldn't be upset at people if they have the same views as Ted Cruz who you hold in such high esteem.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #60 on: April 19, 2018, 03:07:39 am »

The Constitution Party made great strides last election cycle, but reality is it's not enough and the chances of a third party win is dismal, bleak and virtually impossible. Once the GOP loses the majority in the Senate and the House; and perhaps not this election cycle, but more than likely, it's game over for this Constitutional Republic as we know it.  From that point forward we will see amnesty granted and the sheer number of new DEM voters will far outweigh the voting base of the GOP with a very slim chance of them ever being seated again as a majority. 

I think it's safe to say when TX goes, so goes the Republic.  Ted is in trouble BIGLY.  We can count on Trump, the GOPe, the NRSC and the RNC to make sure that he never sees the Senate again.  After all, I believe that was Trump's objective in the first place - to stop the conservative movement.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #61 on: April 19, 2018, 03:09:01 am »
    This was the kind of wup~azz I was talking about @Frank Cannon and if I'm not mistaken 51k Texans said that they've had enough and voted third party NOT Libertarian/Green in the General.

Texas GOP Primary 2016

Not living in the past, just trying to reaffirm my point that when Texans had a 'real' choice they didn't chose Trump.

It's his home effing state and he couldn't break 50% in a 3 man race, one of whom was on his was out the door at the time (Rubio). I also recall Cruz limping along losing after that with a high level team while Trump had no organization wiping the floor with him.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #62 on: April 19, 2018, 03:10:29 am »

LOL. How'd they do last election? Oh yeah. They came in behind the Green Party.

Offline corbe

« Reply #63 on: April 19, 2018, 03:31:23 am »
    I agree with @TomSea yall a bunch of Haters
« Last Edit: April 19, 2018, 03:32:52 am by corbe »

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #64 on: April 19, 2018, 03:36:16 am »
    I agree with @TomSea yall a bunch of Haters

In my case you're mistaking hater with realist.

Offline corbe

« Reply #65 on: April 19, 2018, 03:45:45 am »
LOL. How'd they do last election? Oh yeah. They came in behind the Green Party.

Sure, @Frank Cannon with ol' $hit Darrell Castle, who didn't want to run anyway, SS Lawyer (yes I know what that means).   
   Imagine, if you will, a NEW Dimension where most people realize there is no difference between Trump/McConnell/Ryan GOP and Schumer/Pelosi DEM and a few prominent Conservatives (Lee, Cruz, HFC) bolt and take over the Constitution Party which is just as ripe for picking as the GOP was in 2015.  The Tea Party came to fruition in less time than two years.   JS

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #66 on: April 19, 2018, 03:49:47 am »
   Sure, @Frank Cannon with ol' $hit Darrell Castle, who didn't want to run anyway, SS Lawyer (yes I know what that means).   
   Imagine, if you will, a NEW Dimension where most people realize there is no difference between Trump/McConnell/Ryan GOP and Schumer/Pelosi DEM and a few prominent Conservatives (Lee, Cruz, HFC) bolt and take over the Constitution Party which is just as ripe for picking as the GOP was in 2015.  The Tea Party came to fruition in less time than two years.   JS

The CP is a dead letter office. It has no structure. No apparatus to do shit. I don't think it is eligible for candidates in all state. If you are going to hitch your wagon to some "New Coke" the Libertarian Party is the only thing close to viable on a national scale. They also have better street cred.

Offline corbe

« Reply #67 on: April 19, 2018, 03:59:59 am »

Open and equal access to the ballot is the political rights issue of 21st Century America.  Without all political ideologies having a place in the free marketplace of ideas, on an equal footing with the top two in power, life is like an ice cream shop that only serves two flavors – customers grow weary and no longer buy.  America flourishes when its citizens have real choices with which they identify philosophically.  America’s representative system of constitutional governance is doomed to fail if voters continue to be offered only vanilla and chocolate when what they really want is mint chocolate chip or a hot fudge sundae.

And last but certainly not least, I'm triggered.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #68 on: April 19, 2018, 01:12:35 pm »

Texas GOP Primary 2016

BFD, it's his homestate, Rubio didn't win his homestate but Kasich certainly did.  Primary. Yeah, 51K is a huge number in relation to a population of 24-28 million.

@corbe

Also, you said others should take credit if they voted for Trump for what he's done.

Okay, defeating ISIS, bringing nuclear weapon threatening North Korea to the negotiation table, a robust economy, low unemployment, credit where credit is due, pro-life measures, instituting measures to give back religious freedoms to the populace, border security and the list goes on.

And not just words, such as in the case, of the good Senator, Senator Paul; and there is a place for that as well, believe me but as of now, Trump is definitely a more accomplished conservative than Senator Paul or even Rush Limbaugh.

And fine, so you are the Constitution party which has accomplished zilch as well; and I seriously looked into them in the past.  So, you are all for doing nothing, fine, but I don't see that as a big accomplishment.  They have their place as well, might as well go with the AIP, American Independent Party that has run Alan Keyes or George Wallace.

« Last Edit: April 19, 2018, 01:19:59 pm by TomSea »

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #69 on: April 19, 2018, 02:27:44 pm »
Carson's incompetence, but a coincidence that in two states, the Cruz campaign said candidates were dropping out. As for Kasich and the Soros story, here's another:
@TomSea
@mystery-ak
@txradioguy
@Cyber Liberty 

Tom, my friend, I kept up with Cruz happenings every day during the presidential election.

Cruz himself did not say Carson was dropping out.  It was a Cruz worker who heard Carson was going home after that state's primary so he thought Carson was dropping out - CNN also said that. Once Cruz found out his worker said that, he stopped it.

It was a Cruz campaign worker in Hawaii who thought Rubio was dropping out and he said that to the press.  Again, once Cruz heard that, he stopped it.

A campaign of any presidential candidate has thousands of workers and no candidate knows what an individual worker might say.  What matters is what happens when the candidate finds out.  Cruz did the right thing in every instance, stopping what was said. 

This coming November election in Texas: I use actual numbers in a primary to be a "crystal ball" sort of, maybe, predictor of the November election.  Democrats turned out in huge numbers for our primary - hundreds of thousands more than has ever happened in a non-presidential year in this state. I was amazed, in a bad way, when I studied the numbers. 

At the present time, every Texas state office holder is a Republican.  Both the Texas House and Texas Senate is a Republican majority. The worst case scenario is Gov. Abbott and Senator Cruz and all state offices change to Democrats and every county office, except for a few, turn Democrat.  Surely that won't happen but the primary numbers have never been like they were this year.  It is Trump who has caused this.  You know what I think about Trump, but I am only one person; it is millions made up of Democrats, and likely all Independents who are going to show up and vote Democrat for all offices.  Independents seldom show up at primaries; they wait until November.

This country is split about 40% Democrats and 40%; it is the 20% Independents who determine who is elected.  Independents won't vote Republican this time as a direct vote against Trump.  I wish this was not true, but it is what I see happening. 
« Last Edit: April 19, 2018, 03:08:34 pm by Victoria33 »

Offline Idiot

« Reply #70 on: April 19, 2018, 02:30:19 pm »
888sunglass

True, Texas is getting close to the flipping point, that's clear...it's getting closer and closer all the time.

I was told by a democratic-Hispanic friend 30 years ago that Texas is on the way to becoming...the majority of the population being Hispanic.  And that since they tend to be democrats, that the hand writing was on the wall.  So as you say the flipping point gets closer each year and it is coming.  Cruz will likely win, since he's running against a VERY LIBERAL opponent.  If his challenger were a bit more conservative, or even acting like one....Cruz might be in trouble.

I'll gladly help support Cruz, in any way possible.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #71 on: April 19, 2018, 02:32:49 pm »
Cruz himself did not say Carson was dropping out.

@Victoria33 the lie that Cruz said Carson was dropping out is one that certain people...at TBR and other places will never let go of.

They will continue to repeat that lie the way the DUmmies keep repeating the lie that President Bush said Saddam was behind 9/11.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline jpsb

« Reply #72 on: April 19, 2018, 02:43:28 pm »
@roamer_1
I disagree.  First, Trump was elected because people responded to his message which was very different from a conventional Republican message. 

Second, if we could remove the Bad Trump from the Good Trump, we'd have a decent president.

Fortunately, the Bad Trump doesn't actually do anything.  He just makes infuriating tweets and takes things too personally.

The Good Trump has done a lot of good things that actually matter.

We had one Statesman in the running and he lost.  I think Cruz will be President eventually

I am going to vote for Cruz, but believe me he is no statesman not even close. Cruz did well early
because he was Trump's "Me too" candidate. Everything Trump said Cruz said "Me too". Cruz
fell apart when his campaign turned nasty and folks started to see him as a phony. Not keeping
his word to support the party's nominee didn't help any. Cruz has got lots of ugly warts but he
is not a democrat, so I will vote for him rather then waste my vote on some third party guy that
has zero chance of being elected.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #73 on: April 19, 2018, 02:45:43 pm »
I am going to vote for Cruz, but believe me he is no statesman not even close. Cruz did well early
because he was Trump's "Me too" candidate. Everything Trump said Cruz said "Me too". Cruz
fell apart when his campaign turned nasty and folks started to see him as a phony. Not keeping
his word to support the party's nominee didn't help any. Cruz has got lots of ugly warts but he
is not a democrat, so I will vote for him rather then waste my vote on some third party guy that
has zero chance of being elected.

:silly: :silly:

Offline jpsb

« Reply #74 on: April 19, 2018, 02:53:04 pm »
My remarks will go against the general tenor of this thread, but seems to me that alarm bells are ringin' down in Texas.

Mr. Cruz will probably win, but I sense this is gonna be closer than you would have hoped.

As I have been saying all along, if all the new comers and illegals vote Cruz could be in trouble.
The Rats are out for revenge and will turn out to vote. Republicans better turn out too, if not
Cruz loses.

Texas has been slowly turning blue as more and more liberals and illegals move here.