Author Topic: This Is the Only 'Spring Cleaning' Diet That's Nutritionist-Approved  (Read 385 times)

rangerrebew

This Is the Only 'Spring Cleaning' Diet That's Nutritionist-Approved
The research is clear: Skip the fads and embrace the world's healthiest eating pattern instead.

By Julie Upton, Contributor |April 6, 2018, at 11:08 a.m.

This week alone, I was asked about the Keto diet, the 3 Week Diet and even the Snake Diet, which calls for bingeing and then fasting like, well, a snake! Yup, spring is here.

My advice: Skip the fads and follow the Mediterranean diet, which, along with DASH diet, was named the best overall diet in 2018 by U.S. News & World Report. The eating plan has more than 5,000 published research studies to support its effectiveness. Not only will the Mediterranean diet help you trim down, it has been shown to slash risk for heart disease, Type 2 diabetes, certain cancers, Alzheimer’s disease and premature death by double digits. What’s more, new studies from the Gerontological Society of America suggest that the Mediterranean way may slow down the aging process. Full disclosure: I’ve followed the Mediterranean diet for more than a decade and not only is my weight healthy and stable, but so are my health biomarkers.

https://health.usnews.com/health-news/blogs/eat-run/articles/2018-04-06/this-is-the-only-spring-cleaning-diet-thats-nutritionist-approved

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: This Is the Only 'Spring Cleaning' Diet That's Nutritionist-Approved
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2018, 01:17:53 pm »
My advice: Skip the fads and follow the Mediterranean diet, which, along with DASH diet, was named the best overall diet in 2018 by U.S. News & World Report.

Right. Skip the fad diets and do a fad diet that some garbage magazine likes.

Is this from the Onion?