Author Topic: Poll: ‘Tepid’ Support from Young Voters, Minorities Could Cost Dems Midterms  (Read 415 times)

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
The legacy media have been trying to spin the narrative that young voters in favor of gun control and minorities opposed to President Donald Trump’s immigration policies will power the blue wave Resistance in November.

But a new Washington Post-ABC News poll found that young voters and people of color are not that enthusiastic about voting in November’s midterm elections.

Democrats have just a four-point advantage over Republicans in the new poll, down from a 12-point advantage in January. And the lack of enthusiasm among young voters and people of color could make it more difficult for Democrats to take back Congress.

The poll found that “although 58 percent of all adults say they are sure they will vote this year, that falls to fewer than 4 in 10 among adults younger than 30.”

-------------

Not to mention having already lost blue collar voters. It's easy to win special elections where turnout is 20-25% and you motivate your hardcore base to show up at the polls. It's much harder in a general where you need real depth of support from not only your party, but Independents and even some of the opposition party too.

Read more at: http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2018/04/17/poll-tepid-support-from-young-voters-minorities-could-cost-dems-midterms/
The Republic is lost.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
I hear that they will ride the "Hogg" midterm wave all the way to the majority?
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."