Author Topic: Starbucks to close all company-owned stores on the afternoon of May 29 for racial-bias education day  (Read 1252 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Starbucks to close all company-owned stores on the afternoon of May 29 for racial-bias education day

Starbucks will close 8,000 of the company's U.S.-based locations to train 175,000 employees and address implicit bias, promote inclusion and help prevent discrimination.
    Once the company has completed this training at its company-owned locations it will make the it available to its licensed partners.
    The company is working with the Anti-Defamation League, the NAACP Legal Defense and Education Fund and the Equal Justice Initiative, among others to create the program.

Sarah Whitten   | @sarahwhit10
Published 1 Hour Ago Updated 38 Mins Ago

Starbucks said Tuesday it will be closing all of its company-owned restaurants in the U.S. during the afternoon of May 29 to conduct a racial-bias education program.

"I've spent the last few days in Philadelphia with my leadership team listening to the community, learning what we did wrong and the steps we need to take to fix it," Kevin Johnson, CEO of Starbucks, said in a statement Tuesday. "While this is not limited to Starbucks, we're committed to being a part of the solution. Closing our stores for racial bias training is just one step in a journey that requires dedication from every level of our company and partnerships in our local communities."

more
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/04/17/starbucks-to-close-all-stores-on-may-29-for-racial-bias-education-day.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
This IS racist.  If the two non-customers had been white they wouldn't have done this.  They are only doing it because the non-customers were black.

Offline DB

When you hitch your business to the liberal tide, you have to go with it wherever it goes...

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Last Edit: April 17, 2018, 08:32:08 pm by andy58-in-nh »
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Frank Cannon

When you hitch your business to the liberal tide, you have to go with it wherever it goes...

Bingo.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
How many people will discover on May 29, that there is not only better coffee out there, it is also a hell of a lot cheaper!

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
This is sketchy.  Since the majority of this liberal asshats owners customer base are lily white hipsters, emo's and cisgendered something's who think drinking posour juice makes them cool.... why would he do this?  Then it hit me.  Internet fueled White quilt. 

Can't afford a boycott.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
This IS racist.  If the two non-customers had been white they wouldn't have done this.  They are only doing it because the non-customers were black.
I fully agree that the store manager was wrong, and then the police were wrong too.

Placing those two men in handcuffs, when all they were doing was waiting for their real estate agent for an appointment was outrageous.

As a real estate broker myself, my clients suggested meeting at a Starbucks just months ago.

And Starbucks generally does NOT kick people out for non-purchases.

Keep in mind, the ones that qualify for manager, may do so as they posess college degrees. That may not signify any common sense, however.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln