Author Topic: California Trains Running Even Slower Due to Homeless on Tracks  (Read 1639 times)

rangerrebew

California Trains Running Even Slower Due to Homeless on Tracks

Nick Ut / Associated Press

by Chriss W. Street16 Apr 2018711
California’s terrible commuter rail service speeds and on-time performance are growing worse, due to homeless camps near the tracks and transients wandering on the rails.

The Sacramento Bee reports that train engineers are warning system operators and passengers that homeless people wandering on the rails have been hit, and engineers have been forced to slow and make high-speed emergency stops to avoid hitting transients.

http://www.breitbart.com/california/2018/04/16/cal-trains-running-even-slower-due-to-homeless-on-tracks/

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Re: California Trains Running Even Slower Due to Homeless on Tracks
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2018, 06:08:16 pm »
In the past year or so, 4-5 photographers and/or their clients have also been killed or severely hurt on train tracks just in California.   I see it all the time, unprofessional acting photographers stick their clients on active train tracks thinking it would be a cool shot. For everyone that is in an accident, there are probably 100 that have had near misses.

I usually tell my friends that one sign you should not work with a photographer is if they have train track photos.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2018, 07:20:41 pm »
In the past year or so, 4-5 photographers and/or their clients have also been killed or severely hurt on train tracks just in California.   I see it all the time, unprofessional acting photographers stick their clients on active train tracks thinking it would be a cool shot. For everyone that is in an accident, there are probably 100 that have had near misses.

I usually tell my friends that one sign you should not work with a photographer is if they have train track photos.

I don't get it.  What's the attraction to taking pictures on RR tracks?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2018, 07:37:17 pm »
IowaHawk responds to Newsom's anti-Trump tweet:
Gavin NewsomVerified account @GavinNewsom
There is a Revolution going on in California. Soooo many cities want OUT of Trump's ridiculous & xenophobic policies. Jerry Brown is trying to defend CA's values, but the people of the Trump Administration are not happy. Want restoration of commonsense policies and decency NOW!

David Burge  @iowahawkblog
2h2 hours ago
David Burge Retweeted Gavin Newsom
Tweeted while hopscotching down a sidewalk littered with bum tents, used needles and human feces
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org