Author Topic: What does a right-sided headache mean?  (Read 497 times)

rangerrebew

What does a right-sided headache mean?
« on: April 17, 2018, 05:58:25 pm »
Last reviewed Mon 16 April 2018
By Jayne Leonard   
Reviewed by Seunggu Han, MD   

Many people experience headaches on the right side of their head only. The pain may be accompanied by other symptoms, including fatigue, nausea, and visual disturbances.

Almost 50 percent of adults each year report headaches, making them among the most common health complaints.

Read on to learn more about headaches on the right side of the head and remedies to help manage the pain.

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/321513.php

Offline the_doc

Re: What does a right-sided headache mean?
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2018, 07:07:24 pm »
Last reviewed Mon 16 April 2018
By Jayne Leonard   
Reviewed by Seunggu Han, MD   

Many people experience headaches on the right side of their head only. The pain may be accompanied by other symptoms, including fatigue, nausea, and visual disturbances.

Almost 50 percent of adults each year report headaches, making them among the most common health complaints.

Read on to learn more about headaches on the right side of the head and remedies to help manage the pain.

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/321513.php

Acupuncturists sometimes refer to a right temporal headache as a gall bladder headache, since it is on what the Chinese guys call the gall bladder meridian (which goes all the way to the side of the head.  In my experience, a very high percentage of patients presenting with a right temporal headache are tender over the gall bladder (which area is not supposed to be meaningfully tender) or, if they have had their gall bladder previously removed, are tender over the area where it used to be.

It's pretty mysterious pathology. 

Anyway, if I see the other classic symptoms of a true migraine, I give them a shot of Benadryl in the deltoid muscle (either shoulder), and in about 95 percent of cases, the migraine symptoms quickly improve.  In about 90 percent of cases, all of the migraine symptoms (severe headache, nausea, vertigo, abdominal pain, and photophobia) are completely gone in 20 to 30 minutes.  It startles long-term migraine sufferers to see how fast the remedy is.

I have been using this approach for several years (probably around 100 cases), and I was recently delighted to see that ER docs and Urgent Care docs are beginning to use intramuscular Benadryl as a recognized treatment for hemicranial headaches (migraines).  The only thing I have witnessed that seems to be a bit faster is acupuncture.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2018, 08:42:46 pm »
Nine out of ten times a right-sided headache means the full blown migraine is soon to follow. 9999hair out0000

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2018, 08:59:31 pm »

Your wife swings with her left hand?