Author Topic: HAVE WE REACHED PEAK LIBERALISM?  (Read 593 times)

Offline endicom

HAVE WE REACHED PEAK LIBERALISM?
« on: April 15, 2018, 05:47:46 pm »
Power Line
Steven Hayward
Apr. 15, 2018

Reagan used to like to tell a joke about the two Russians talking on the street, where one asks, “Have we reached peak Communism? Is this it?” To which his compatriot replies, “Oh no—things are going to have to get a lot worse!”

This comes to mind with the observation that just when you think liberals can’t get any more out of touch or ridiculous, they step up with something fresh and even more ridiculous. By now perhaps you’ve heard about the New Yorker article bemoaning that Chick-fil-A is opening restaurants in New York City:

More... http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2018/04/have-we-reached-peak-liberalism.php

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Re: HAVE WE REACHED PEAK LIBERALISM?
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2018, 06:13:41 pm »

Not until they have completely run out of other people's money.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2018, 06:31:38 pm »

Not until they have completely run out of other people's money.

They already have.  Now they're digging into the wealth of our posterity, while destroying the value of our own wealth via deliberate inflation.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2018, 08:07:34 pm »
After Trump we may have reached peak conservatism, frankly.

I think that was achieved under Reagan, perhaps the first year of the 1994 Congress - but after that, Conservatism in government has cratered.

Until Republicans decided that a lifelong NYC Liberal Democrat who campaigned for and funded Hillary Clinton, and Bill DeBlasio was going to be the ultimate Conservative champion for them running under their banner.

Trump is just the final nail in the coffin of Conservatism in the GOP.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline LMAO

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2018, 11:30:12 pm »
They already have.  Now they're digging into the wealth of our posterity, while destroying the value of our own wealth via deliberate inflation.

Which is good for those elected to office because they can blame inflation  on capitalism
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2018, 11:45:51 pm »
"HAVE WE REACHED PEAK LIBERALISM?"

Sit back and relax.
You ain't seen nuthin' yet!

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2018, 01:05:13 am »
At least the acceptance thereof, I'd say yes. They seem to be going full psychopath anymore and not even trying to persuade.
The Republic is lost.