Author Topic: America Unites to Support Former First Lady Barbara Bush  (Read 3967 times)

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: America Unites to Support Former First Lady Barbara Bush
« Reply #50 on: April 17, 2018, 08:43:03 pm »
Wow. Red State writes an article claiming America is uniting around Bush because a bunch of political hacks twitted some obligatory messages. I'd argue that not too many people are all bent out of shape because a 92 year old lady that they can barely remember is on her way out. This is a nonsense story of the first degree.

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
« Reply #51 on: April 17, 2018, 10:18:58 pm »
Yep.  One of my biggest regrets was taking my husband to the hospital at the end of his life.  I would keep him at home if I could change things.

@Emjay It's always a hard decision and can be a choice of bad alternatives ;(.  My mother died at home, and my sister in th hospital, and both were tough for different reasons.  I hope you don't give yourself a bad time -- I'm sure you did the best you could, and he appreciated you. XOXO
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #52 on: April 18, 2018, 12:49:22 am »
@Emjay It's always a hard decision and can be a choice of bad alternatives ;(.  My mother died at home, and my sister in th hospital, and both were tough for different reasons.  I hope you don't give yourself a bad time -- I'm sure you did the best you could, and he appreciated you. XOXO

Thanks so much @LauraTXNM   I try not to dwell on my bad decision and not feel guilty but sometimes I do.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #53 on: April 18, 2018, 12:50:52 am »
Thanks so much @LauraTXNM   I try not to dwell on my bad decision and not feel guilty but sometimes I do.

You did what you thought best at the time, and that's nothing to feel guilty about.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
« Reply #54 on: April 18, 2018, 01:32:52 am »
You did what you thought best at the time, and that's nothing to feel guilty about.

Exactly, @Polly Ticks@Emjay, XOXO!
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #55 on: April 18, 2018, 02:09:30 am »
@Right_in_Virginia, if you have complaints or suggestions for how TBR should be run, take them offline.  The Mods are always glad to answer questions.

Good point.  Will do.  Thanks.

@Mod1

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #56 on: April 18, 2018, 08:50:58 am »
Wow. Red State writes an article claiming America is uniting around Bush because a bunch of political hacks twitted some obligatory messages. I'd argue that not too many people are all bent out of shape because a 92 year old lady that they can barely remember is on her way out. This is a nonsense story of the first degree.

I'm sorry I'm crying @Frank Cannon .

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #57 on: April 18, 2018, 10:08:45 am »

Well, remember the majority of their writers weren't born when JFK died, or even RFK, when we landed on the moon, or when Nixon left office. I might go as far as to say they probably weren't alive when John Lennon was shot, or president Reagan.

So, to a 30 -something 90 is ancient. I'm not excusing it. They should not say that in a public article. That's bad behavior. Shame on their editor for not striking it out.

It seems today, to me at least, that so many have lost their moral compass. Back in the day I grew up to respect my elders. Now we have elder abuse. And I read a story about it nearly every day in the paper just like child abuse. When we as a society no longer respect our elders and children I think we are doomed.

Bless the Bush family. They just lost their matriarch. I can't imagine their pain. And it must be magnified because they are public figures.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #58 on: April 18, 2018, 10:12:38 am »
Well, remember the majority of their writers weren't born when JFK died, or even RFK, when we landed on the moon, or when Nixon left office. I might go as far as to say they probably weren't alive when John Lennon was shot, or president Reagan.

So, to a 30 -something 90 is ancient. I'm not excusing it. They should not say that in a public article. That's bad behavior. Shame on their editor for not striking it out.

It seems today, to me at least, that so many have lost their moral compass. Back in the day I grew up to respect my elders. Now we have elder abuse. And I read a story about it nearly every day in the paper just like child abuse. When we as a society no longer respect our elders and children I think we are doomed.

Bless the Bush family. They just lost their matriarch. I can't imagine their pain. And it must be magnified because they are public figures.

Excellent take on things, @Freya    :patriot:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #59 on: April 18, 2018, 10:21:36 am »
Excellent take on things, @Freya    :patriot:

That's because I'm really asleep. I'm brilliant when I'm asleep. (Blush)

Thanks @DCPatriot

Seriously though, this does bother me. I don't recall this amount of nastiness when Mrs. Reagan passed. (Footnote: Mrs Carter is 90)
« Last Edit: April 18, 2018, 10:23:17 am by Freya »
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️