Author Topic: America Unites to Support Former First Lady Barbara Bush  (Read 3968 times)

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Last Edit: April 17, 2018, 05:11:48 am by Freya »
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: America Unites to Support Former First Lady Barbara Bush
« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2018, 10:51:54 am »
Beautiful! Thank on for finding it @Right_in_Virginia

Most of us tend to think of Barbara Bush as just the white haired lady in the WH.  She was quite beautiful in her youth.

@Freya

Offline Applewood

« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2018, 11:07:19 am »
Most of us tend to think of Barbara Bush as just the white haired lady in the WH.  She was quite beautiful in her youth.

@Freya

Mrs. Bush has been lovely all her life -- inside and out.  She's tough and classy.  Great combination and a rarity. 

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2018, 01:09:01 pm »
I put on a Hazmat suit and waded over to Skinner's Island of Misfits a.k.a. DU...not gonna bring the posts back here but they are what you'd expect where Mrs. Bush is concerned from the intellectual midgets that inhabit the DUmp .
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2018, 01:21:02 pm »
I put on a Hazmat suit and waded over to Skinner's Island of Misfits a.k.a. DU...not gonna bring the posts back here but they are what you'd expect where Mrs. Bush is concerned from the intellectual midgets that inhabit the DUmp .

And yet when Ann Richards (who spawned Cecile Richards, baby killing advocate extraordinaire) They extolled her (un)graces all over the web. 
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Applewood

« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2018, 01:24:51 pm »

You are a brave man, sir. 

However. to be fair, there are some on our side who can't be civil about John McCain either. 

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2018, 01:27:42 pm »
And yet when Ann Richards (who spawned Cecile Richards, baby killing advocate extraordinaire) They extolled her (un)graces all over the web.

I'll never forget the pics I saw of one DUmmie who had a friend snap a pic of him pretending to pee on Reagans grave at the Reagan Library.

He was roundly cheered at DU.

But if you dared to bring up how Ted Kennedy didn't qualify for burial at Arlinton Cemetary...why that was in American and disrespectful of the dead.

**nononono*
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2018, 01:27:59 pm »
You are a brave man, sir. 

However. to be fair, there are some on our side who can't be civil about John McCain either.

Yeah and that's unfortunate.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2018, 03:18:57 pm »
Mrs. Bush has been lovely all her life -- inside and out.  She's tough and classy.  Great combination and a rarity.

A close friend of my husband was in the Secret Service guarding several Presidents and he said Barbara Bush is a marvelous human being (as is GHW). Kind, gracious, and lovely.

He had close contact with her and thinks the world of her.  He has many specific stories to back it up too.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2018, 05:23:08 pm »
goopo

This article makes me happy. Bless the Bush family.

Me, too, @Freya.  Good people encourage me.  I didn't realize how young they were when they married but people were more inclined to marry really young back in those days.

People forget things about George HW.  For one thing, he was a war hero. 

" Following the attack on Pearl Harbor on December 7, 1941, Bush postponed his university studies, enlisted in the U.S. Navy on his 18th birthday, and became the youngest aviator in the U.S. Navy at the time. He served until the end of the war."

Disagreements about his policy decisions are a poor reason to dismiss this man or this family.

America was lucky to have them.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #35 on: April 17, 2018, 05:26:05 pm »
Yes.  Exactly What you said.... plus one hundred percent more.. People need to take control of their way out of this place.

Yep.  One of my biggest regrets was taking my husband to the hospital at the end of his life.  I would keep him at home if I could change things.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #36 on: April 17, 2018, 05:28:18 pm »
Me, too, @Freya.  Good people encourage me.  I didn't realize how young they were when they married but people were more inclined to marry really young back in those days.

People forget things about George HW.  For one thing, he was a war hero. 

" Following the attack on Pearl Harbor on December 7, 1941, Bush postponed his university studies, enlisted in the U.S. Navy on his 18th birthday, and became the youngest aviator in the U.S. Navy at the time. He served until the end of the war."

Disagreements about his policy decisions are a poor reason to dismiss this man or this family.

America was lucky to have them.

I'm still glad George Bush 43 was president for 9/11.  Can you imagine if Obama had been in office then?  He would have apologized to Al Qaeda.  President Bush held this country together.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #37 on: April 17, 2018, 05:31:12 pm »
I'm still glad George Bush 43 was president for 9/11.  Can you imagine if Obama had been in office then?  He would have apologized to Al Qaeda.  President Bush held this country together.

He did.  I thought of him when I watched the movie, The Darkest Hour.  Churchill saved England.  Sometimes we're lucky enough to have the right man at the helm at dangerous times.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #38 on: April 17, 2018, 05:36:11 pm »
Wasn't evil?   He was a globalist who pushed many policies which weakened America including the asset forfeiture policies which is being used to confiscate millions of dollars of property without cause or court oversight.

About what I expected from you.   You and your Westboro Baptist buddies protesting the funeral?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #39 on: April 17, 2018, 05:55:42 pm »

Yes, he did, and I shudder to think what would have happened to America if algor had stolen the election.

And that is why, though I disagreed with W on many issues, growth of government and spending, I will always respect him.  Always.

There is so much hatred of him from both left and right that it's good to see that some people have perspective on what he did that was GOOD for this country.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline LottieDah

« Reply #40 on: April 17, 2018, 06:18:26 pm »
"I'm still glad George Bush 43 was president for 9/11.  Can you imagine if Obama had been in office then?  He would have apologized to Al Qaeda.  President Bush held this country together."

Us gals would be wearing burkas and we would be speaking Arabic.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #41 on: April 17, 2018, 06:56:14 pm »
Yes, he did, and I shudder to think what would have happened to America if algor had stolen the election.

And that is why, though I disagreed with W on many issues, growth of government and spending, I will always respect him.  Always.

There is so much hatred of him from both left and right that it's good to see that some people have perspective on what he did that was GOOD for this country.

Is this still a thread without political discussion @mystery-ak   If not ... I'd like to respond to a few posts.  If so, please let folks know.

Thanks.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #42 on: April 17, 2018, 07:11:35 pm »
Is this still a thread without political discussion @mystery-ak   If not ... I'd like to respond to a few posts.  If so, please let folks know.

Thanks.

I hope you will refrain from bringing politics into this thread @Right_in_Virginia .  There are plenty of places to express your dislike of the Bushes.  This isn't one of them.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #43 on: April 17, 2018, 07:33:35 pm »
Well this topic escalated quickly

"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #44 on: April 17, 2018, 07:38:39 pm »

Thanks.

It's posted in "Politics."  Here's an "E" Ticket.  Feel free.  *****rollingeyes*****
« Last Edit: April 17, 2018, 07:53:17 pm by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Mod1

« Reply #45 on: April 17, 2018, 07:58:17 pm »

Thanks.

@Right_in_Virginia, if you have complaints or suggestions for how TBR should be run, take them offline.  The Mods are always glad to answer questions.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #46 on: April 17, 2018, 08:03:56 pm »
Back in 99, I went to a big BBQ fundraiser for W. Her and former President Bush were there as well (no, I didn't get to meet them or anyone of note). I remember she really was a commanding figure, even more than her husband. But not in a bad way, more like a 'grandma who runs everything' mode.  I remember she struck me as the perfectionist in the family, which, at an outdoor Waco BBQ, is tough to be.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #47 on: April 17, 2018, 08:23:02 pm »
Back in 99, I went to a big BBQ fundraiser for W. Her and former President Bush were there as well (no, I didn't get to meet them or anyone of note). I remember she really was a commanding figure, even more than her husband. But not in a bad way, more like a 'grandma who runs everything' mode.  I remember she struck me as the perfectionist in the family, which, at an outdoor Waco BBQ, is tough to be.

The University where I taught for 17 years had a conservative political science department, and each year had a dinner with a political 'celebrity' as speaker.  (Ronald Reagan was the first).

We went to the dinner where Barbara was the guest speaker and stood in line for a photograph with her.   The time ran out and we were the next in line when it got cut off, and I clearly made a visible sign of disappointment.

Barbara looked over at us, and waved her hand for us to come on over, so we got the photo.

She was funny,  witty, bright, and everything you'd expect her to be.

I don't know that I've ever enjoyed an evening more.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #48 on: April 17, 2018, 08:28:44 pm »
Godspeed, Mrs. Bush.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #49 on: April 17, 2018, 08:33:05 pm »
Mrs Bush once sent me a pawtographed book by MIllie Bush even though I wasn't a child. Well, probably one of her secretaries but still.....

G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️