Author Topic: Most cancer is caused by processed food and toxic ingredients, new study confirms  (Read 2013 times)

rangerrebew

Most cancer is caused by processed food and toxic ingredients, new study confirms

Sunday, August 13, 2017 by: Jhoanna Robinson   

(Natural News) A recently published study out of Canada showed that the total amount of cancer rates that can be linked to lifestyle and environmental factors is substantial, at almost 41 percent.

According to the researchers, “We estimated summary population attributable risk estimates for 24 risk factors (smoking [both passive and active], overweight and obesity, inadequate physical activity, diet [inadequate fruit and vegetable consumption, inadequate fiber intake, excess red and processed meat consumption, salt consumption, inadequate calcium and vitamin D intake], alcohol, hormones [oral contraceptives and hormone therapy], infections [Epstein-Barr virus, hepatitis B and C viruses, human papillomavirus, Helicobacter pylori], air pollution, natural and artificial ultraviolet radiation, radon and water disinfection by-products) by combining population attributable risk estimates for each of the 24 factors that had been previously estimated.”

https://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-13-most-cancer-caused-by-processed-food-and-toxic-ingredients-new-study-confirms-2.html

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Well according to this site tracking the history of cancer, I would think not.

http://canceratlas.cancer.org/history-cancer/

Offline DB

Natural News strikes again...

Vitamin D can't be gotten from unprocessed food in any quantity that is useful. Either you get ultraviolet light exposure to produce it in your skin, eat Vitamin D supplemented food (processed) or you take a supplement - neither of the latter two are "natural". You need thousands of D3 IU everyday one way or another.

Regarding "red meat", I believe this is just more bad food science which there is much of. Much like real butter was a "heart killer" for the last 30 plus years - which was dead wrong with any actual study instead of just blind "fat is bad".

Offline Applewood

My paternal grandmother had bad eating habits.  Red meats, processed foods, junk food, excess sugar, salt, fat, no fruit or vegetables, cooked and baked with lard -- you name it.  She lived to be 90 and she didn't have cancer.  Actually, cancer is almost non-existent on both sides of the family.  Now heart disease is another matter.  But hey, I guess we are all going to die from something. 

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
That is Total unmitigated bullshit. 
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Applewood

Vitamin D can't be gotten from unprocessed food in any quantity that is useful. Either you get ultraviolet light exposure to produce it in your skin, eat Vitamin D supplemented food (processed) or you take a supplement - neither of the latter two are "natural". You need thousands of D3 IU everyday one way or another.

Regarding "red meat", I believe this is just more bad food science which there is much of. Much like real butter was a "heart killer" for the last 30 plus years - which was dead wrong with any actual study instead of just blind "fat is bad".

In my neck of the woods, trying to get Vitamin D from the sun alone is next to impossible, particularly in winters like this last one.  My region can have months of gloom. This winter I didn't see much of the sun from early December till one day in mid-February -- then it was gloomy again almost every day till this past week.   Most people around these parts are deficient in Vitamin D unless they either consume D-enriched foods or take a supplement. In addition, I have kidney disease and one of the side problems associated with it is deficiency in certain nutrients, including Vitamin D.  So I have to take a supplement. 

Not everyone lives in California, Florida or the tropics where it's sunny almost every day.

NN is whacked.

Offline DB

In my neck of the woods, trying to get Vitamin D from the sun alone is next to impossible, particularly in winters like this last one.  My region can have months of gloom. This winter I didn't see much of the sun from early December till one day in mid-February -- then it was gloomy again almost every day till this past week.   Most people around these parts are deficient in Vitamin D unless they either consume D-enriched foods or take a supplement. In addition, I have kidney disease and one of the side problems associated with it is deficiency in certain nutrients, including Vitamin D.  So I have to take a supplement. 

Not everyone lives in California, Florida or the tropics where it's sunny almost every day.

NN is whacked.

I live in California (currently, moving to AZ soon) and I take 10,000 IU of D3 a day. And my D3 blood serum levels are mid range for normal...

Online roamer_1

Not true. most trout and salmon are high in vit D, and why natural northern diets run heavy to those fish.

Offline DB

Not true. most trout and salmon are high in vit D, and why natural northern diets run heavy to those fish.

https://www.vitalchoice.com/article/wild-salmon-affirmed-as-top-vitamin-d-source

Gee, I only have to eat 35 oz. of wild salmon a day to keep my D3 blood serum level in the mid range...

Offline endicom

In my neck of the woods, trying to get Vitamin D from the sun alone is next to impossible, particularly in winters like this last one.  My region can have months of gloom. This winter I didn't see much of the sun from early December till one day in mid-February -- then it was gloomy again almost every day till this past week.

The winter sunlight won't produce vitamin D. The Sun must be high in the sky for the UVB to not be filtered out in the atmosphere. And glass blocks UVB so your cat is wasting its time lying in that sunbeam.

I supplement.

Offline Frank Cannon

That is Total unmitigated bullshit.

Are you trying to tell me that the wack jobs at Natural News are not the gold standard in health news?!?!?

Online roamer_1

https://www.vitalchoice.com/article/wild-salmon-affirmed-as-top-vitamin-d-source

Gee, I only have to eat 35 oz. of wild salmon a day to keep my D3 blood serum level in the mid range...

Nah... That assumes no sunlight at all, which is false. And wild salmon is significantly higher. And '35oz' ain't all that much if it is smoked and cured down. I eat kokanee 3 or 4 times a week in the winter, and smoked salmon like candy. Not to mention trout.

Offline DB

Nah... That assumes no sunlight at all, which is false. And wild salmon is significantly higher. And '35oz' ain't all that much if it is smoked and cured down. I eat kokanee 3 or 4 times a week in the winter, and smoked salmon like candy. Not to mention trout.

I take 10,000 IU now a day and that is what it takes to get my blood test to about the center of "normal". Just a fact.

Only wild-salmon has the high vitamin D levels, not the farmed stuff. And even then, 2+ lbs a day would be a bit much for me...

My point was that vitamin D is not acquired normally through diet short of supplements, an unnatural process. If you get plenty of sunshine you don't need it in your diet at all. The primary point being this article is shit.

Online roamer_1

I take 10,000 IU now a day and that is what it takes to get my blood test to about the center of "normal". Just a fact.

Then you are not assimilating vitD... Look to your calcium and magnesium levels, and switch to an easier to assimilate form.   I can't use pills. I don't assimilate them well - An ineffective method for me. Sublingual liquid works best for me, or to take my meds naturally in foods and teas.

Only wild-salmon has the high vitamin D levels, not the farmed stuff. And even then, 2+ lbs a day would be a bit much for me...

Yes, that's what I eat - wild kokanee and wild trout.

My point was that vitamin D is not acquired normally through diet short of supplements, an unnatural process. If you get plenty of sunshine you don't need it in your diet at all. The primary point being this article is shit.

And I will disagree wit you in that. I am far north, and REALLY susceptible to lowD. But I now take no supplements at all, and my D level was fine all winter long. The natural way is far better.

Offline DB

Then you are not assimilating vitD... Look to your calcium and magnesium levels, and switch to an easier to assimilate form.   I can't use pills. I don't assimilate them well - An ineffective method for me. Sublingual liquid works best for me, or to take my meds naturally in foods and teas.

Yes, that's what I eat - wild kokanee and wild trout.

And I will disagree wit you in that. I am far north, and REALLY susceptible to lowD. But I now take no supplements at all, and my D level was fine all winter long. The natural way is far better.

I get very little sun. I'm very white/pale with many freckles and had red hair. I burn in minutes. I suspect that you spend a fair amount of time outside even during the winter. For most people it doesn't take all that much sun exposure to meet their needs.

Offline goodwithagun

Three summers ago I got cancer for my 36th birthday. When I called my cousin, a pathologist at Memorial Sloan Kettering, to tell her, her first sentence was, “I’m so sorry and we’re going to get through this.” Her second sentece was, “If you’re not eating all organic food you have to start now.” My garden has gotten bigger each year.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline Frank Cannon

Three summers ago I got cancer for my 36th birthday.

That seems like a shitty gift. Did you at least get a receipt so you could return it?

Offline goodwithagun

That seems like a shitty gift. Did you at least get a receipt so you could return it?

Lol, no gift receipt. I went through a lot. I had world class docs recommending surgeries, painful tests, chemo, and radiation. Thank God for my cousin. My situation had never been seen before so everybody and his brother wanted in on it so that they could claim they “treated” me. It took seven months of sending my slides around the world to nail down a diagnosis: sarcoma. I was originally told it was a metastasis since it was found near lymph nodes, and that the primary had somehow gotten twisted off from the blood supply and “died.” It turns out that what was taken in the biopsy wasn’t a metastasis but the primary. I denied chemo and radiation after a radical resection of the original area. Docs kept pushing it, but I learned to keep my cousin’s identity in my back pocket.

At the time of diagnosis my kids were 7, 4, and 2, the oldest of which is on the high functioning end of the autism spectrum. Maybe because I’m likely to have a happy ending I can say this: I was lucky to get cancer. I actually had a really hard time typing that and my eyes are tearing up. My husband and I make a great team. My definition of things has changed. I know what real stress is and it isn’t getting a bad night’s sleep or a rough day at work. It’s not even that time my daughter threw up all over the pew in front of us at church. That’s life, not stress. Life is better for me now that I had cancer. Again, I can say that because so far so good. I don’t know that I could say that if my prognosis was different.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline DB

Lol, no gift receipt. I went through a lot. I had world class docs recommending surgeries, painful tests, chemo, and radiation. Thank God for my cousin. My situation had never been seen before so everybody and his brother wanted in on it so that they could claim they “treated” me. It took seven months of sending my slides around the world to nail down a diagnosis: sarcoma. I was originally told it was a metastasis since it was found near lymph nodes, and that the primary had somehow gotten twisted off from the blood supply and “died.” It turns out that what was taken in the biopsy wasn’t a metastasis but the primary. I denied chemo and radiation after a radical resection of the original area. Docs kept pushing it, but I learned to keep my cousin’s identity in my back pocket.

At the time of diagnosis my kids were 7, 4, and 2, the oldest of which is on the high functioning end of the autism spectrum. Maybe because I’m likely to have a happy ending I can say this: I was lucky to get cancer. I actually had a really hard time typing that and my eyes are tearing up. My husband and I make a great team. My definition of things has changed. I know what real stress is and it isn’t getting a bad night’s sleep or a rough day at work. It’s not even that time my daughter threw up all over the pew in front of us at church. That’s life, not stress. Life is better for me now that I had cancer. Again, I can say that because so far so good. I don’t know that I could say that if my prognosis was different.

I too have had cancer (kidney) and so far I'm a survivor. Yes, it very definitely changes your outlook on life. I think shorter term now. The one thing is, it is always lurking in the back of your mind, will it return.

Offline Frank Cannon

Wow. Well that makes the coffee mug I got for my birthdays seem a whole lot cooler now.

Offline goodwithagun

I too have had cancer (kidney) and so far I'm a survivor. Yes, it very definitely changes your outlook on life. I think shorter term now. The one thing is, it is always lurking in the back of your mind, will it return.

I get that. The “what if” is always there. I love watching Rick Steve’s Europe, and one thing he says really stands out. When people tell him to travel safely, he tells them to stay at home safely. Will my end be to cancer, or to that banana peel my son dropped on the kitchen floor?
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline goodwithagun

Wow. Well that makes the coffee mug I got for my birthdays seem a whole lot cooler now.

It should. @RoosGirl put a lot of time and effort into finding you just the right one.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Are you trying to tell me that the wack jobs at Natural News are not the gold standard in health news?!?!?

I know.  Incredulous ain't it.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline RoosGirl

It should. @RoosGirl put a lot of time and effort into finding you just the right one.

I would totally buy that for Frank.

Offline goodwithagun

I would totally buy that for Frank.

@Frank Cannon doesn’t know how good you are to him. If it was up to me he’d get this:
I stand with Roosgirl.