Author Topic: Feds To Audit CA High-Speed Rail Project As Funding Flounders  (Read 749 times)

Offline endicom

Hot Air
Ed Morrissey
Apr. 14, 2018

Gee, I wonder what federal auditors will find — besides a phantom train set and a lot of wasted money? With a new study out showing that California doesn’t have the funding to complete even the first phase of their high-speed rail project, the Inspector General for the Department of Transportation will open the books to see how federal monies have been spent:

California’s high-speed rail project is facing an audit from the U.S. Department of Transportation’s as costs continue to climb.

The inspector general’s audit, announced Thursday, will examine the Federal Railroad Administration’s oversight of nearly $3.5 billion in federal grant money awarded to the project.

More... https://hotair.com/archives/2018/04/14/feds-audit-ca-high-speed-rail-project-funding-flounders/

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Re: Feds To Audit CA High-Speed Rail Project As Funding Flounders
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2018, 04:41:15 am »
Hot Air
Ed Morrissey
Apr. 14, 2018

Gee, I wonder what federal auditors will find — besides a phantom train set and a lot of wasted money? With a new study out showing that California doesn’t have the funding to complete even the first phase of their high-speed rail project, the Inspector General for the Department of Transportation will open the books to see how federal monies have been spent:

California’s high-speed rail project is facing an audit from the U.S. Department of Transportation’s as costs continue to climb.

The inspector general’s audit, announced Thursday, will examine the Federal Railroad Administration’s oversight of nearly $3.5 billion in federal grant money awarded to the project.

More... https://hotair.com/archives/2018/04/14/feds-audit-ca-high-speed-rail-project-funding-flounders/
I'm willing to bet they find outrageous graft and payolla, this has been a sweet ride for many people who have not really had to produce much at all. I know a young man I used to work with who is the safety officer for this boondoggle, sorry to see him lose a job, but not so sorry that I don't want this overpriced edifice to Moonbeams ego stopped ASAP!

California already has a bridge to nowhere we sure as heck don't need a train to nowhere anyone wants to go too!

Offline endicom

Re: Feds To Audit CA High-Speed Rail Project As Funding Flounders
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2018, 12:24:32 pm »
I'm willing to bet they find outrageous graft and payolla...

I'm willing to bet it's there, whether or not they find it.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com