Author Topic: Famed gay rights lawyer sets himself on fire at Prospect Park in protest suicide against fossil fuel  (Read 3809 times)

Offline endicom

For example, if you were to jump into a pool of hot lava, you wouldn't feel a thing.

I think I'd at least feel stupid.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer

I may shock some by saying 'I would beat such provocateurs ten times more if they wore monks robes,' and 'I would clap hands at seeing another monk barbecue show,' for one can not be responsible for the madness of others.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

I may shock some by saying 'I would beat such provocateurs ten times more if they wore monks robes,' and 'I would clap hands at seeing another monk barbecue show,' for one can not be responsible for the madness of others.

I remember when she said that.... **nononono*
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline goodwithagun

Going Gay or Green?

Keep it happy, keep it snappy, keep it (fill in the blank).
I stand with Roosgirl.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
"Famous GAY Lawyer"????

If he set  himself on fire on purpose,not only has "gay" morphed into another whole universe,but it damn sure ain't anything positive.

I'm thinking the homos have flat worn this word out and need another one.

Then again,the guy was a lawyer,so I'm willing to give him a little credit for doing something positive.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline NavyCanDo

I'm not so sure about that. If it is done slowly, it would be horrible. But I read an article a long time ago that said burning to death as this guy did is really not so bad. It is not the fire that kills you. A person would essentially asphyxiate when suddenly in the middle of a roaring fire. And the person's sensory system would overload and shut down and would stop processing pain.
Apparently, according to the article (I still do not understand how they would know these things) but what they said was it all depends on how it is done. The bigger and more immediate the fire, the better it is for the person being burned. For example, if you were to jump into a pool of hot lava, you wouldn't feel a thing. Or at least, that is what the doctors theorize.

The real pain happens if you survive. The baths, the skin grafts, and months and months of it at the highest pain levels one could imagine.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn