Author Topic: Ace Hardware Decides To Not Ding Ads On Laura Ingraham’s Program After All  (Read 1300 times)

Offline endicom

Daily Caller
Chris White
Apr. 13, 2018

Ace Hardware decided to continue advertising on Laura Ingraham’s Fox News program after initially caving to a boycott targeting the conservative host.

An Ace spokeswoman backtracked Thursday on an April 5 statement the company made, announcing the initial decision to cut advertising from the “Ingraham Angle.”

More... http://dailycaller.com/2018/04/13/ace-hardware-laura-ingraham-advertising/

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Daily Caller
Chris White
Apr. 13, 2018

Ace Hardware decided to continue advertising on Laura Ingraham’s Fox News program after initially caving to a boycott targeting the conservative host.

An Ace spokeswoman backtracked Thursday on an April 5 statement the company made, announcing the initial decision to cut advertising from the “Ingraham Angle.”

More... http://dailycaller.com/2018/04/13/ace-hardware-laura-ingraham-advertising/

I wrote them, complaining and stating we would take our business elsewhere.

They responded  2 days later stating their ads would be continuing.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline endicom

I wouldn't be surprised if their member dealers took them to task.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
It always is a tough balance for companies. Sometimes they try to be non-political and avoid controversy completely but even avoiding it by moving ads from controversy, becomes controversial. Especially in this day and age where everyone is offended by everything.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
So, what do liberals do that requires hardware, anyway?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

I've never understood why they'd do it, why they'd want to make noise about it, or what they'd use for attachment, but here ya go...

My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I've never understood why they'd do it, why they'd want to make noise about it, or what they'd use for attachment, but here ya go...

I thought they picked those up in the kitchen widget section....   
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

Probably took a good look at the startling success ACE experienced since they began "Ace is the place....." campaign in those 30 States that Pres. Trump carried.

Oh....and then look at Chic-Fil-A's teflon coating after they became a literal target. 
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

888high58888
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald