Author Topic: DOJ inspector general report will come down 'very hard' on James Comey: Lanny Davis  (Read 725 times)

Offline Frank Cannon

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/doj-inspector-general-report-will-come-down-very-hard-on-james-comey-lanny-davis

Lanny Davis, a longtime Clinton family ally, revealed he was interviewed by the Justice Department inspector general for its investigation into the FBI's handling of the Hillary Clinton emails probe.

Moreover, Davis, who served as a special counsel to former President Bill Clinton, predicts Inspector General Michael Horowitz will come down "very hard" on Comey in its final assessment.

During an interview with Bill O'Reilly on the former Fox News host's website, Davis explained why he thought Comey should have been fired by former President Barack Obama and former Attorney General Loretta Lynch.
Why You Should 'Embrace the Suck'
Watch Full Screen to Skip Ads

"I was interviewed by the inspector general. I only told one reporter that and it was never written," he said. "So this is my first to say that I was interviewed after my making a phone call researching my book that I considered James Comey to have acted unethically and that he should have been fired by Barack Obama and Loretta Lynch because he violated Justice Department policies by holding a press conference and expressing his opinion publicly on the evidence."

Offline Frank Cannon

This Inspector Generals report is shaping up to be a real hum dinger.

Offline skeeter

His decision to write a letter 11 days before the election, whether it hurt Clinton or hurt Trump, was not consistent with 50 years of Justice Department policy to do nothing that might impact presidential elections," Davis argued.

Excepting the time Lawrence Walsh indicted Cap Weinberger a week before election day 1992.

Since that was the election that got his boss elected it is understood why Lanny forgot about that one.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
This Inspector Generals report is shaping up to be a real hum dinger.

When is it going to be released?  Soon?