Author Topic: Trump legal confidant Joe diGenova urges president to fire Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein  (Read 1086 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump legal confidant Joe diGenova urges president to fire Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein

By JUSTIN FISHEL

Apr 12, 2018, 11:52 AM ET

President Donald Trump should fire Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein, according to a long-time Washington attorney and political commentator who has emerged as a new legal confidant to the president.

"I would fire Rosenstein in a New York minute; without any question," Joe diGenova told ABC News’ Jonathan Karl and Rick Klein on this week’s “Powerhouse Politics” podcast.

DiGenova, who says he has spoken to the president in the past 24 hours, is one of a number of trusted voices in the president's orbit urging him to remove Rosenstein in wake of his decision to authorize a raid on the president's personal attorney, Michael Cohen.

more
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trump-legal-confidant-joe-digenova-urges-president-fire/story?id=54417392
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Rosenstein was at the WH today.... :whistle:
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline endicom

diGenova is right about the perjury trap but any firing of Rosenstein had better be timed right.

Are we at the point of there being no more harm in firing Rosenstein than in keeping him on? And firing him would force a constitutional crisis? Maybe we need that crisis.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
diGenova is right about the perjury trap but any firing of Rosenstein had better be timed right.

Are we at the point of there being no more harm in firing Rosenstein than in keeping him on? And firing him would force a constitutional crisis? Maybe we need that crisis.

How would firing Rosenstein force a constitutional crisis?  (Real question, not being a smart alec.)

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I still don't know why the SOB wasn't fired day one.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline endicom

How would firing Rosenstein force a constitutional crisis?  (Real question, not being a smart alec.)

An excellent question for which I haven't an adequate reply.

'Constitutional crisis' was being bandied about during l'affaire Comey and now again. Were I Andrew C. McCarthy then I'd have a detailed explanation to have you fully informed of the many possibilities suggested by 'constitutional crisis, if you could stay awake for it. Alas, I am but juris-null me.

@Sanguine
« Last Edit: April 12, 2018, 10:22:44 pm by endicom »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

An excellent question for which I haven't an adequate reply.

'Constitutional crisis' was being bandied about during l'affaire Comey and now again. Were I Andrew C. McCarthy then I'd have a detailed explanation to have you fully informed of the many possibilities suggested by 'constitutional crisis, if you could stay awake for it. Alas, I am but juris-null me.

@Sanguine

I've read the same thing, and I don't see where it would create a CC.  Of course, it may be as simple as those who create the news for us want us to think it would.

Offline endicom

I've read the same thing, and I don't see where it would create a CC.  Of course, it may be as simple as those who create the news for us want us to think it would.

I haven't seen their names but I've read of some congressional Republicans have joined that chorus. Maybe someone will explain the crisis thingy.

Offline skeeter

I haven't seen their names but I've read of some congressional Republicans have joined that chorus. Maybe someone will explain the crisis thingy.

Seems like the legislative branch attempting to pass legislation preventing the POTUS from making personnel decisions within his own executive branch in a naked attempt to keep him on congress's leash is constitutional crisis enough.

Offline endicom

Seems like the legislative branch attempting to pass legislation preventing the POTUS from making personnel decisions within his own executive branch in a naked attempt to keep him on congress's leash is constitutional crisis enough.

Maybe so.