Author Topic: Russia to US: Let's coordinate your punitive airstrikes on Assad  (Read 773 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Russia to US: Let's coordinate your punitive airstrikes on Assad
Ed Morrissey  April 12, 2018

Is Russia negotiating missile strikes as a method of appeasing Donald Trump? The Washington Post reports that Russia has shifted gears from confrontation to mitigation with the US after assisting Bashar al-Assad’s capture of the rebel stronghold Douma. At first, Moscow threatened a military conflict if Trump followed through on his threat to punish Assad for yet another use of chemical weapons that Russia had guaranteed were destroyed:

Russian officials on Thursday sought to tamp down public fears of a looming conflict with the United States, even as Syrian government forces took control of the town where they are suspected of carrying out a chemical attack last weekend. …

Russian officials in recent days had warned of the possibility of a direct military confrontation with the United States as a result of a U.S. strike. Any missile attack that puts Russian lives at risk, Moscow has said, would result in Russia striking back at the missiles and at the planes or ships that launched them.

Read more at: https://hotair.com/archives/2018/04/12/russia-us-lets-coordinate-punitive-airstrikes-assad/

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Russia to US: Let's coordinate your punitive airstrikes on Assad
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2018, 05:22:31 pm »
Well, reminiscent of someone else who didn't blink....

They aren't dealing with Barky O and the kowtow committee any more.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2018, 07:58:02 pm »
But, wouldn't that be....."Collusion?"   :laugh: 22222frying pan ****slapping
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2018, 11:30:54 pm »
So, basically, it’s tell us what/where you intend to strike, so Syrian assets can be moved, you look decisive, we get to observe your operational methods (again), and nothing of consequence actually happens.

If this story is true, the response is nothing but a live fire joke and a waste of defense funds.  At least it’s job security for the folks at Raytheon.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2018, 12:00:42 am »
So, basically, it’s tell us what/where you intend to strike, so Syrian assets can be moved, you look decisive, we get to observe your operational methods (again), and nothing of consequence actually happens.

If this story is true, the response is nothing but a live fire joke and a waste of defense funds.  At least it’s job security for the folks at Raytheon.

It's a crying shame the man doesn't have you on speed-dial so you can straighten him out on stuff.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline edpc

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2018, 12:04:02 am »
It's a crying shame the man doesn't have you on speed-dial so you can straighten him out on stuff.

No - the crying shame is that a stable genius doesn't see the obvious.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2018, 12:25:32 am »

No - the crying shame is that a stable genius doesn't see the obvious.

and I have complete confidence you will point out every error along the way.
I will NOT comply.

Offline edpc

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2018, 12:45:05 am »
and I have complete confidence you will point out every error along the way.

Given the last strike only temporarily took out an airfield, destroyed some obsolete aircraft that were only at the base because they were in disrepair, didn't hit their chemical stores, or take out their commanders, this one looks to be similar in scope and effectiveness.

Moscow was told of the strikes in advance, and no Russian forces or equipment were hit in the strike. There were reports that senior Syrian officers also evacuated the base.

The Pentagon said its missiles had targeted aircraft, shelters, fuel storage and other logistics buildings, air defence systems, radars and ammunition supply bunkers. The attack was said to be over in a couple of minutes.

Syria’s military said seven people were killed and several wounded. Six Syrian air force planes undergoing repairs at the base were destroyed, but the runways were undamaged, the Russian defence ministry said after the attack.

The attack planners took care to avoid hitting suspected chemical weapons stores on the base, the US national security adviser, HR McMaster, said.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/apr/07/visual-guide-us-airstrikes-on-syria-donald-trump

Don't hate me because I'm beautiful and pay attention.     :laugh:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2018, 12:48:36 am »
I knew that because you know all the answers, it was only a matter of time.... *****rollingeyes*****

I thank the stars above for you, I really do.
I will NOT comply.