Author Topic: Sinclair TV Host Resigns After Vulgar Tweet Threatening Parkland Survivor (Hogg)  (Read 1669 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Sinclair TV Host Resigns After Vulgar Tweet Threatening Parkland Survivor
Laurel Wamsley Twitter

Jamie Allman, a television and radio host in St. Louis, resigned Monday from his TV show on a Sinclair-owned ABC affiliate after posting a crude tweet that threatened Parkland shooting survivor and activist David Hogg.

A conservative St. Louis media personality has resigned from the television show he hosted, two weeks after posting a crude tweet that threatened Parkland survivor David Hogg.

Jamie Allman was host of nightly news and commentary show The Allman Report on KDNL — an ABC affiliate owned by Sinclair Broadcast Group.

Continued at: https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2018/04/10/601117504/sinclair-tv-host-resigns-after-vulgar-tweet-threatening-parkland-survivor

I'm sure this is a sad incident; and I can't speak for others, I know I've been there when I've said something that I shouldn't.  This Allman is probably a good man who got carried away by his emotions.  The article does talk about what his public twitter account said, about a "hot poker"....
« Last Edit: April 10, 2018, 04:55:44 pm by TomSea »

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I'm sure this is a sad incident; and I can't speak for others, I know I've been there when I've said something that I shouldn't.  This Allman is probably a good man who got carried away by his emotions.  The article does talk about what his public twitter account said, about a "hot poker"....

Another conservative pundit who speaks what 20,000,000 others are thinking.  He could have toned down the threat, and still gotten his point across.

In any case, hyperbole may be an art form that dies in our lifetime.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Millee

His comment:  "In his tweet, Allman wrote that he has "been hanging out getting ready to ram a hot poker up David Hogg's a** tomorrow . Busy working . Preparing ."

Dumb, but not sure why it would be a fire able offense.  And I take exception to calling Camera Hogg a "survivor".  He wasn't even in the same building.   *****rollingeyes*****

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
His comment:  "In his tweet, Allman wrote that he has "been hanging out getting ready to ram a hot poker up David Hogg's a** tomorrow . Busy working . Preparing ."

Dumb, but not sure why it would be a fire able offense.  And I take exception to calling Camera Hogg a "survivor".  He wasn't even in the same building.   *****rollingeyes*****
Hell, I'll say it.....

It will put a smile on my face when someone beats the shit out of him.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

I would have fired him.  That's beyond stupid.

Offline dfwgator

I would have fired him.  That's beyond stupid.

Meanwhile a Liberal talker could say the exact same thing about Trump and keep their job.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Meanwhile a Liberal talker could say the exact same thing about Trump and keep their job.

Not if I were their boss.  But, then I wouldn't hire idiot leftists.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
A hot poker seems a bit extreme. I think a Pineapple with a small dollop Astroglide would be just right.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Hogg is what? Something like 17 y.o., so, I can see this being out of line. The guy lashed out a bit, it's unfortunate, he said something like "and tomorrow, I'm gonna stick a hot pocker etc." It obvious, that he was taking issue with Hogg's gun control rants and possibly other antics.

Offline dfwgator

Hogg is what? Something like 17 y.o., so, I can see this being out of line.

Hogg chose to get into the arena.

Offline Frank Cannon

Not if I were their boss.  But, then I wouldn't hire idiot leftists.

What would be your policy on "No Pants" Fridays?

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
What would be your policy on "No Pants" Fridays?

That depends on who's wearing the pants...duh.

Offline Frank Cannon

That depends on who's wearing the pants...duh.

Your evasiveness shows a lack of leadership. I'd have to fire you and then offer you your job back with no benefits and a 23% cut in pay.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
Hogg chose to get into the arena.

Hogg also decided to play grownup and stand up in front of 100,000 people (?), raised his fist like a racist, and declared war on 70% of the country.  (gun owners).  I don't consider him a minor, but another leftist Antifa enemy.