Author Topic: London's Mayor Declares Intense New 'Knife Control' Policies To Stop Epidemic Of Stabbings  (Read 2317 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Daily Wire ByEmily Zanotti 4/8/2018

The police will now stop and frisk people believed to be carrying knives.

An epidemic of stabbings and acid attacks in London has gotten so bad that London mayor Sadiq Khan is announcing broad new "knife control" policies designed to keep these weapons of war out of the hands of Londoners looking to cause others harm.

The "tough, immediate" measures involve an incredible police crackdown, a ban on home deliveries of knives and acid, and expanding law enforcement stop-and-search powers so that police may stop anyone they believe to be a threat, or planning a knife or acid attack.

Khan announced Friday that the city has created a "violent crime taskforce of 120 officers" tasked with rooting out knife-wielding individuals in public spaces, and is pumping nearly $50 million dollars into the Metropolitan Police department, so that they can better arm themselves against knife attacks. He's also empowering the Met Police to introduce "targeted patrols with extra stop and search powers for areas worst-affected," according to a statement.

More: https://www.dailywire.com/news/29179/londons-mayor-declares-intense-new-knife-control-emily-zanotti

Offline goodwithagun

All he needs to do is require knife registration. That’ll fix it.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

I guess this qualifies as an AR-15 in London cutlery style.

This mayor is insane.

« Last Edit: April 09, 2018, 12:48:21 am by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
He's going to have to ban these too.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline dfwgator

What about pointed sticks?

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
What if they use a rock? Can rocks be banned?

What about a pipe?

The solution is not to ban knives. The solutions is to ban lawless barbaric Muslims. But of course, he will never do that.

You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

@dfwgator that will come shortly after vans and semi trucks are banned in London too.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline thackney

@dfwgator that will come shortly after vans and semi trucks are banned in London too.

But those are licensed and registered.  How could they be used for violence?
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

But those are licensed and registered.  How could they be used for violence?
Where or where is @Jazzhead when you need him anyway?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Where or where is @Jazzhead when you need him anyway?

He is either writing a brief or looking for a clean pair of briefs to wear to the office.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline mountaineer

The solution is not to ban knives. The solutions is to ban lawless barbaric Muslims. But of course, he will never do that.
:amen:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
In a sane world, this mayor would be laughed out of office as the world recognizes the king has no clothes.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Frank Cannon

LOL. Sure the gun grabbing only will end with registrations and not expand into total disarmament.

Offline dfwgator

In a sane world, this mayor would be laughed out of office as the world recognizes the king has no clothes.

What's sad is that he's the odds-on favorite to be the next British PM.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
What's sad is that he's the odds-on favorite to be the next British PM.

Hope they won't have tough steaks in London.  Hands can get pretty tired cutting a cheap sirloin with a butter knife.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline GrouchoTex

I saw a joke about this.
It had a couple in a restaurant, waiting to pass a background check before the waiter would give them any silverware.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
I saw a joke about this.
It had a couple in a restaurant, waiting to pass a background check before the waiter would give them any silverware.

"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Victoria33

The London mayor's knife crackdown is a dim-witted waste of time
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/the-london-mayors-knife-crackdown-is-a-dim-witted-waste-of-time
@mystery-ak

I was in London a number of years ago visiting my son.  His wife was an actress and was in a play in the theatre district.  We watched her in the play, then went to a restaurant there.  During the time the play was on, a man was murdered very near there by someone who used a knife. 

The next day, the newspaper said the cops were going to reenact the murder that night and they asked people who were there the night of the murder to go back there so they could be questioned as they might have seen something the cops needed to know.

The other thing that happened was, the city officials talked about passing a law that people could not carry a knife out of their house.  Of course, my son and I thought that was ridiculous, but the wife, being English, thought that was the right thing to do.  I guess they didn't pass such a law, because if they had, people wouldn't be killing each other with knives now.  Certainly they would have obeyed that law and never had a knife out of the house.

Offline mountaineer

When will the mayor ban acid?
This dad is the victim of a gruesome crime wave in the UK targeting men: acid attacks
By Stephanie Abrams

What happened Andreas Christopheros represents a surging crime wave in the U.K., acid attacks, also known on the streets as a "face-melting" attack. He says everything you thought you knew about acid attacks is wrong because the crime and statistics are changing. It's no longer a crime impacting mostly women in South Asia. Acid has now become a weapon for gangs or other criminals attacking mostly men in the U.K. and he says not enough is being done to stop it.

Andreas lives in South West England where he enjoyed his late 20s heading to outdoor concerts, welcoming fatherhood with his new family, and worked diligently growing his business. He never gave much thought to crime, until three years ago when a stranger showed up at his front door and threw acid on his face. It was a case of mistaken identity that would forever change how Andreas identifies himself.

He was blinded in one eye and his skin horribly melted and disfigured, creating the need for ongoing operations to recreate eyelids, and support normal necessary functions like breathing and eating. He says he faces at least seven more years of reconstructive surgery.  ...
Rest of story and horrible photos at Circa.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Just wait until the Ministry of Banning Pointy Objects gets a look at his head!

Monty Python was a joke, people, not a how-to manual!!
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline thackney

When will the mayor ban acid?Rest of story and horrible photos at Circa.

Acid attacks: Major UK retailers ban acid sales to under-18s
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/01/07/retailers-ban-acid-sales-under-18s/

Prohibit the purchase of Acid to those without a licence
https://www.change.org/p/uk-parliament-prohibit-the-purchase-of-acid-to-those-without-a-licence
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline mountaineer

Whew! Problem solved!