Author Topic: NY Times Op-Ed: Chappaquiddick Film Is ‘Character Assassination’ of Ted Kennedy  (Read 6780 times)

Offline Victoria33

@Smokin Joe   What she She means is when she gets back to the room with the Tandy 1000 where she has the Kennedy files stored on a floppy disc ....she'll send you a dos file.
@Wingnut

Of course that is what I mean.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
@Wingnut

Of course that is what I mean.

Okay,   a  Commodore 64 with Basic 2.0?
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline LadyLiberty

@Smokin Joe

She was not cremated unless they dug her up and did it.  Bob's father owned a funeral home in Penn., where she was buried, and he helped bury the body that day.  I'll send you a PM about that day.

We saw the movie yesterday.  According to the movie, she was not cremated, it was open casket.

Offline LadyLiberty

Please enlighten me. Seriously. I do recall something about no autopsy being done, but maybe that is in error, too.

In the movie, the fixers went to work to get her out of MA and back to PA to get buried ASAP without an autopsy.  There was some disagreement between an MD and the coroner as to whether she drowned or suffocated.  The movie scenes showed suffocation, meaning he had time to get help getting her out before she died.  What they didn't explain was how he got out of the car and she couldn't.

Offline Frank Cannon

This movie is a fraud. I read on 4 Chan that the crash occurred because of a dispute over Green Stamps. They gassed up before the crash. It was Teds car but she payed for the gas. An ugly fight broke out and the car went off the bridge. Word on the street was that Ted was close to getting enough stamps for a boss AM/FM set up for the Delmont.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
We saw the movie yesterday.  According to the movie, she was not cremated, it was open casket.
My memory on that may be flawed. It has been a while. For whatever reason I recall there was no autopsy. Few people recall it firsthand (or the fake Volkswagen ad National Lampoon was sued over). 

I'm looking forward to @Victoria33 s PM. (I have multiple computers, a fleet of thumb drives, 2TB of other drives, so I understand if it takes a while). Cremation was not generally accepted by the Catholic Church at the time, so I thought that odd (except the thought that maybe she wasn't Catholic). Nice to have someone who has more/better information.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Although the movie may have been factually correct, I don't trust Hollywood or the industry to get their facts straight. Just saying.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
This movie is a fraud. I read on 4 Chan that the crash occurred because of a dispute over Green Stamps. They gassed up before the crash. It was Teds car but she payed for the gas. An ugly fight broke out and the car went off the bridge. Word on the street was that Ted was close to getting enough stamps for a boss AM/FM set up for the Delmont.

You're showing your age, Frank.

Offline LadyLiberty

Although the movie may have been factually correct, I don't trust Hollywood or the industry to get their facts straight. Just saying.
i agree, which is why I said "according to the movie."  In any case, the movie was not sympathetic towards him IMO.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Now we need a couple more movies about Bobby and Jack and their bimbos.  After that, complete things with the whiskey-running Joe so all will know what was foisted upon this country for so many decades.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Kopechne's funeral was held on July 22, 1969, at St. Vincent's Roman Catholic Church in Plymouth, Pennsylvania, and she was buried in the parish cemetery there.

Us Fish Eaters weren't the cremating kind back in 69.  That came later.
that was 2 days after Neil Armstrong landed on the moon July 20.

Talk about pushing a bad story under the covers as the attention was diverted elsewhere.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline andy58-in-nh

"Assassination"? Really?? The Times actually went there; as though what happened to JFK and Bobby were of the same essential nature.

If Jack Kennedy could have seen what would become of the New York Times and the Democrat Party, he would have bought the rifle for Oswald himself.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Now we need a couple more movies about Bobby and Jack and their bimbos.  After that, complete things with the whiskey-running Joe so all will know what was foisted upon this country for so many decades.

@IsailedawayfromFR

And PLEASE don't forget to mention his connection to the Nazis via the IRA,how Churchill had him fired as an Ambassador for it,how this "devout Catholic" spent months at a time living in Hot Springs,Arkasas so he could drink,gamble,and boink Bubba Clinton's mother,who was his "housekeeper" there while her husband was away in the army.

Don't forget to mention he had a daughter sterialized,and even had some sort of brain surgery done to her to make her docile and content to be locked away for all of her life so she wouldn't embarrass him.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
that was 2 days after Neil Armstrong landed on the moon July 20.

Talk about pushing a bad story under the covers as the attention was diverted elsewhere.

@IsailedawayfromFR

I am shocked,SHOCKED AH TELLS YA,that the Catholic Church would let a whore who was boinking a married man and father who was a devout Catholic be buried on Church Grounds!

Iz nuttin sacrid?????

The Kennedy Klan probably had photos of the priest boinking little boys,so nothing was said.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
"Assassination"? Really?? The Times actually went there; as though what happened to JFK and Bobby were of the same essential nature.

@andy58-in-nh

They were. They were both scum-sucking parasites and criminals.

If Jack Kennedy could have seen what would become of the New York Times and the Democrat Party, he would have bought the rifle for Oswald himself.

You are assuming a lot,starting with a Kennedy being able to recognize right from wrong in any sense other than "what is good for us is good for the country".

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
The fact that the NYT is defending Teddy Kennedy and defending him against known facts is all you need to know about the NYT.