Author Topic: The House Armed Services chairman doesn’t want to ‘rob military’ to fund border wall  (Read 666 times)

rangerrebew

The House Armed Services chairman doesn’t want to ‘rob military’ to fund border wall
By: Tara Copp   1 day ago

Military funds should not pay for a border wall, especially given the readiness challenges and modernization needs that U.S. warplanes, ships and ground forces have after years of reduced funding, the Republican chairman of the House Armed Services Committee said in an interview with his hometown newspaper Tuesday.

Rep. Mac Thornberry, R-Texas, said while he supports border security, the $700 billion — coming to the Pentagon six months late in the just-signed 2018 defense bill — is already spoken for.

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/your-military/2018/04/05/thornberry-dont-rob-military-to-fund-border-wall/

Offline jpsb

The number one job of the US military is to protect the US. This rep is an idiot. We are being invaded.

Offline aligncare

The number one job of the US military is to protect the US. This rep is an idiot. We are being invaded.

No, we are not being invaded. Immigration adds to our country a wonderfully diverse mosaic of living color and optimism and strengthens communi... I’m sorry, I thought I could get through this without cracking myself up, but I can’t.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
No, we are not being invaded. Immigration adds to our country a wonderfully diverse mosaic of living color and optimism and strengthens communi... I’m sorry, I thought I could get through this without cracking myself up, but I can’t.
! No longer available

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
A properly-constructed and enforced border barrier will do more to "protect" our national security than will 20,000 troops.

A border wall is a "silent sentinel" that stands an endless guard...

Offline aligncare

A properly-constructed and enforced border barrier will do more to "protect" our national security than will 20,000 troops.

A border wall is a "silent sentinel" that stands an endless guard...

I support the president on most things, but about this wall I’m on the fence. I know many – most maybe – want a physical barrier. Okay, whatever, I just want a secured border, and at this point I don’t care how it gets done, just do it.