Author Topic: With a Second Stroke of a Pen, PA Governor Wolf Ensures that Firearm Rights are Restricted ....  (Read 999 times)

Offline mountaineer

With a Second Stroke of a Pen, PA Governor Wolf Ensures that Firearm Rights are Restricted by Renewing Proclamation of State of Emergency
 by Joshua Prince, Esq. | April 5, 2018 · 9:38 am

Yesterday, for the second time, Pennsylvania Governor Wolf renewed a proclamation declaring Pennsylvania’s heroin and opioid epidemic a statewide disaster emergency, seemingly triggering the firearm prohibitions found in 18 Pa.C.S. § 6107 during declared emergencies.

As I discussed extensively in my prior blog article – With a Stroke of a Pen, PA Governor Wolf Limits Firearms Rights by Proclaiming a State of Emergency – pursuant to 18 Pa.C.S. § 6107, an individual, who could generally carry a firearm in public without a license to carry firearms (LTCF) (with the exception of in the City of Philadelphia as a city of the first class), cannot do so during a state of emergency. As I additionally blogged about – Are the Great American Outdoors Show (GAOS) and State Game Land Hunting in Jeopardy as a Result of Governor Wolf’s Proclamation of Emergency? – the proclamation affects gun shows and would force a hunter on state game lands to prove, as a defense to prosecution, that he/she was lawfully engaged in hunting. ...   More by Joshua Prince
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
This is great news for somebody I know.  I assume it's now illegal to waltz around Philly carrying a gun?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Frank Cannon

You can barely tell that the GOP controls the PA congress the way they ignore this bullshit. PA is a nightmare.