Author Topic: Tyranny Begins In Seattle As Man Who Broke No Laws Has Guns Confiscated  (Read 1188 times)

Offline mountaineer

Tyranny Begins In Seattle As Man Who Broke No Laws Has Guns Confiscated
Rich Welsh
March 5, 2018

So it begins.

In what many believe is the beginning of a Constitutional crisis, Seattle police have taken the distinct honor of being the first law enforcement agency in the state to put an extreme risk protection order, or “erpo,” into practice by forcibly confiscating the guns belonging to a Seattle resident without a warrant, arrest, or even criminal charges.

The new “red flag” law, which has taken hold in other states already, allows the courts and law enforcement to take away guns from individuals they deem are dangerous.

A man living in the Belltown neighborhood of Seattle, Washington became the first individual in the state to have his firearm confiscated without any formal arrest or charges.  The man was not identified by authorities.

But, what were the reasons police acted like the East German Stasi in a raid on a citizen’s home who hadn’t broken any laws?

Neighbors complained that the man stared at people through storefront windows while wearing a holstered firearm, even though open-carry was legal in the jurisdiction and he was well within his rights.  I don’t know if there are anti-staring laws in that part of Washington state.  ... Rest of article
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
“He was roaming the hallways with a .25 caliber automatic,” Tony Montana recalled, showing his total ignorance of open carry laws and of guns since handguns are not automatic, but semi-automatic. “

Was his .25 a Colt? A 25ACP, Automatic Colt Pistol?

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Last Edit: April 06, 2018, 07:38:04 pm by Wingnut »
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Neighbors complained that the man stared at people through storefront windows while wearing a holstered firearm

'Menacing' is against the law. It sounds like his neighbors were charging him with menacing or first degree menacing. However, nothing should have been done until he was charged and duly convicted by a court of this crime.

The way this was done was very typical of Liberal behavior. In that one person can say they are 'offended' or 'afraid' of something, and the State behaves in the most draconian way possible to make the complainant not offended, whatever the issue may be.

This may go to SCOTUS.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor

This may go to SCOTUS.

How many years from now?