Author Topic: Why Trillion-Dollar Estimates To Keep the F-35 Fighter Flying Are Really Misleading  (Read 455 times)

rangerrebew

Apr 5, 2018 @ 11:56 AM

Why Trillion-Dollar Estimates To Keep the F-35 Fighter Flying Are Really Misleading

Loren Thompson , Contributor

The Pentagon's F-35 fighter may be this generation's most impressive expression of American innovation. The program has produced a multi-role airframe in multiple variants for three U.S. military services and a dozen allies that is essentially invisible to radar. It is close to completing a testing schedule of over 9,000 flights in which there have been no major mishaps, and is meeting all of its key performance requirements. In military exercises it easily defeats adversary aircraft, far surpassing the performance of legacy fighters.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/lorenthompson/2018/04/05/why-trillion-dollar-estimates-to-keep-the-f-35-fighter-flying-are-really-misleading/#66f0a0ba2466
« Last Edit: April 06, 2018, 11:39:29 am by rangerrebew »

Offline jpsb

I hear it is a pig.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
I hear it is a pig.
The same could be said for certain politicians, yet we still pay to keep them :shrug:

Online SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
I hear it is a pig.
FTA:  "But if you are a typical consumer of news from the general media, you probably wouldn't know any of this. What you would hear instead is a litany of problems that makes the most capable and cost-effective tactical aircraft in the world sound like an Olympic-scale boondoggle."

Maybe a pilot who's flying them is a better source?
https://www.defensenews.com/air/2016/03/01/norwegian-f-35-pilot-counters-controversial-dogfighting-report/
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.