Author Topic: On the Trump-Russia Investigation and the Rule of Law... Byron York  (Read 409 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

On the Trump-Russia Investigation and the Rule of Law
Byron York
4/4/2018 12:01:00 AM -

Recently, I took part in a debate on the question "Does the Russia investigation endanger the rule of law?" I said yes.

First, a caveat. If "endanger the rule of law" means "destroys our legal order and threatens our democracy," then no, I don't think the Trump-Russia investigation does that. But if it means "involves our nation's most powerful law enforcement and intelligence agencies in reckless political conduct that undermines our system of elections and the orderly transfer of power," then yes, the Trump-Russia investigation does, in fact, endanger the rule of law.

Two incidents from 2016 and early 2017 point to the danger posed by overzealous Trump-Russia investigators.

The first is that the Justice Department used the Logan Act, which bars private Americans from conducting foreign policy, as a pretense to pursue an investigation against the Trump team.

more
https://townhall.com/columnists/byronyork/2018/04/04/on-the-trumprussia-investigation-and-the-rule-of-law-n2467424?utm_source=thdaily&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=nl&newsletterad=
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34