Author Topic: Trump bashes Amazon for a fourth time in a week, claiming the post office loses 'massive amounts' se  (Read 1651 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
I would not be surprised if Amazon doesn't file a lawsuit against the administration (maybe they are planning to - they are letting him reel the rope out for them). Trump is knowingly lying about the post office & Amazon's deal.

President Donald Trump took to Twitter for the fourth time in one week to bash e-commerce company Amazon on Tuesday.
This time, the president reinforced his assessment that Amazon's business is costing taxpayers "many billions of dollars" through subsidized rates at the United States Post Office......

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/04/03/amazon-shares-turn-negative-after-trump-bashes-company-for-a-fourth-time-in-a-week.html

As a reference- the USPS (and taxpayers) are not subsidizing Amazon's package delivery- they are actually still making a profit. USPS's losses have nothing to do with that but are related to their pension fund - http://time.com/5226036/donald-trump-amazon-postal-service/

Offline Applewood

Seems to me Trump's actions are criminal and should be stopped.  Government has no right that I know of to interfere in a business like this.  At the very least, I hope Bezos takes him to court - civil or criminal.

And where is congress in all this?  Do our elected representatives have a legal recourse to stop Trump from trying to destroy Amazon?  Seems to me they should. I thought we had a system of checks and balances in the US. 

This president's actions, if not illegal, are definitely unethical.  Someone please stop him. 

By the way, @AbaraXas  --Trump supporters, it seems, don't really care about the truth.  Trump has told them to hate Amazon and like sheep, they follow their leader.

Offline ABX

Seems to me Trump's actions are criminal and should be stopped.  Government has no right that I know of to interfere in a business like this.  At the very least, I hope Bezos takes him to court - civil or criminal.

And where is congress in all this?  Do our elected representatives have a legal recourse to stop Trump from trying to destroy Amazon?  Seems to me they should. I thought we had a system of checks and balances in the US. 

This president's actions, if not illegal, are definitely unethical.  Someone please stop him. 

By the way, @AbaraXas  --Trump supporters, it seems, don't really care about the truth.  Trump has told them to hate Amazon and like sheep, they follow their leader.

I wouldn't be surprised if he next tries to weaponized the IRS against them.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready

And where is congress in all this? 

The same place they were when Obama was busy destroying those entities and businesses he decided he despised.

The Republicans already surrendered their authority to the Executive branch under Obama.  Now it is just par-for-the-course to do whatever the Democrats want.  Or - if the Executive acts just like a Democrat and worse.

That Trump should engage in the public destruction of a corporation simply because he is jealous and the owner is not loyal to him, is one of the greatest of examples of Fascism we have adopted as our politics to date.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Online cato potatoe

Republicans have failed to serve as a check on Trump.  They are begging to have their butts kicked in the next election.  Then the cycle starts over.  I truly believe political parties will be the death of our republic.

Offline ABX

Republicans have failed to serve as a check on Trump.  They are begging to have their butts kicked in the next election.  Then the cycle starts over.  I truly believe political parties will be the death of our republic.

We read from followers over and over during the campaign that they wanted someone to use 'Democrat tactics against them....' well be careful what you wish for, you just may get it.

Offline kevindavis007

This S**t is getting old.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline kevindavis007

I wouldn't be surprised if he next tries to weaponized the IRS against them.

If he does that should be an impeach able offense.

Offline ABX

Offline kevindavis007

Offline ABX

I wonder if Trump does it, I wonder how many people here would support such move.

He could abort a baby on 5th Avenue wearing an ISIS headscarf and his supporters would call him the greatest pro-life president in history.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready

If he does that should be an impeach able offense.

Why?  Is Lois Lerner in jail yet?

Last I checked, such an offense was treated by the Republican Party as grounds for a hearing only - and that was all.

So now, weaponizing the Alphabets against political opponents is now a permissible and legal precedent that will be used heretofore from now on.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Suppressed

You know, if we measured Deceitful Donnie by his own standards (where he wants to “open up our libel laws” and "...have people sue [journalists] like [they’ve] never got [sic] sued before"), he'd have his considerable behind handed to him.  He's a man child of no class, no decency, no ethics.

Edit: corrected last sentence
« Last Edit: April 04, 2018, 06:14:25 am by Suppressed »
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn