Author Topic: Beto O'Rourke says he raised staggering $6.7M in first quarter of 2018  (Read 1995 times)

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
U.S. Rep. Beto O'Rourke, D-El Paso, raised over $6.7 million for his U.S. Senate bid in the first quarter of 2018, according to his campaign, a staggering number that poses a new category of threat to Republican incumbent Ted Cruz.

The haul is easily O'Rourke's biggest fundraising quarter yet, more than double his next-closest total for a three-month period. It also is more than any Democratic Senate candidate nationwide took in last quarter, O'Rourke's campaign said.

Cruz has not released his first-quarter fundraising numbers yet, but O'Rourke's $6.7 million total is on a different level than his previous hauls, which ranged from $1.7 million to $2.4 million. Those alone were good enough to outraise Cruz for three of the last four reporting periods...

https://www.texastribune.org/2018/04/03/orourke-says-he-raised-staggering-67m-first-quarter-2018/

Offline thackney

Dems, please oh please keep pouring your money into this campaign....
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
You mean "Paddy" O'rourke. 
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline thackney

Some of his "winning" issues for Texas:

https://betofortexas.com/issue/energy/

...incentivizing the innovation of new and renewable sources of energy.

Rejoining the Paris Climate Accords.

https://betofortexas.com/issue/immigration/

End the militarization of our immigration enforcement system, and close private immigration prisons and detention centers that profit from locking up families.

Pass the DREAM Act and ensure that undocumented immigrants who were brought here as children, known as ‘Dreamers’, find a permanent home and citizenship in the U.S.

https://betofortexas.com/issue/healthcare/

Achieving universal healthcare coverage

https://betofortexas.com/issue/economy/

Promote policies that encourage companies to focus on returning investments back to their consumer, their employees, and to the community.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
$6.7M from 141,000 contributions? I call BS.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
That's nice.  I wonder how much of the pretty boy's donations came from out of state in large bundles?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Victoria33

That's nice.  I wonder how much of the pretty boy's donations came from out of state in large bundles?
@Cyber Liberty

All donors are public record.  I could find them on the net, however, rich Democrats who are political, across the country, are centering on this race, and giving him money.  Cruz stared his campaign a few days ago, scheduling a rally, free tickets, in Houston.  O'Rourke is scum.  Beto is not his name but he uses it to get Spanish American votes.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
The little old lady political sewing circles (as I like to call them) here are going all out for Cultural Appropriation Beto O'Rourke.  There has been probably 4 meet and greets in our little town this year already, all home parties, not big thousand dollar a plate dinner type of things. So yes, I do believe the donations are real.

While in reality he doesn't stand a chance, politics can sometimes be very surprising and one would be wise to never, ever take an opponent for granted. Even if you think you are a shoe-in, fight like you are 20 points down.

Offline jpsb

As I have saying for some time now, if the Marxist's rats have a huge turn out Ted is in trouble.

Ted's nasty lying campaign for pres turned off a lot of republicans. I would hate to see a rat
represent Texas in the Senate. Corlyn is bad enough, so I will be voting Cruz. I just hope he
manages to fire up Texas R's so they come out and vote.

Offline skeeter

As I have saying for some time now, if the Marxist's rats have a huge turn out Ted is in trouble.

Ted's nasty lying campaign for pres turned off a lot of republicans. I would hate to see a rat
represent Texas in the Senate. Corlyn is bad enough, so I will be voting Cruz. I just hope he
manages to fire up Texas R's so they come out and vote.

Be true to yourself. Don't vote for someone you believe is a liar.

Offline RoosGirl

Re: Beto O'Rourke says he raised staggering $6.7M in first quarter of 2018
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2018, 03:08:32 pm »
$6.7M from 141,000 contributions? I call BS.

Paddy caught himself a leprechaun.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2018, 03:20:24 pm »
Be true to yourself. Don't vote for someone you believe is a liar.

I'm voting for Cruz, yes he is a liar and a phony but in general I like the way he votes in the Senate.

He and my rep both voted against the omnibus spending bill so I intend to reward both with my vote. 

Offline skeeter

« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2018, 03:25:28 pm »
I'm voting for Cruz, yes he is a liar and a phony but in general I like the way he votes in the Senate.

He and my rep both voted against the omnibus spending bill so I intend to reward both with my vote.

That makes no sense. Did he say he wouldn't vote the way he ended up voting? How do you know how he'll vote?

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2018, 03:33:22 pm »

@jpsb, take it somewhere else.  Not interested in your loony conspiracy theories here.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2018, 03:54:13 pm »
A fool and their money....

Offline thackney

« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2018, 03:58:28 pm »
It appear in addition to gender, he also believes that race is "fluid".

El Paso Lawmaker Can't Join Hispanic Caucus; Some Seek Rule Change
https://www.texastribune.org/2013/07/24/city-el-paso-lacks-voice-hispanic-caucus/

Despite representing a district whose constituents are overwhelmingly Hispanic, U.S. Rep. Robert “Beto” O’Rourke, D-El Paso, is ineligible for membership in the Congressional Hispanic Caucus. Some say that should change.

...O’Rourke, whose nickname is popular among Latinos, is not a member because he lacks Hispanic heritage....

Offline WingNot

« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2018, 05:52:04 pm »
Paddy caught himself a leprechaun.

And he not only kissed it but you can bet your Lucky Charms He ate the Blarney Stone.

Offline WingNot

« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2018, 05:54:42 pm »
It appear in addition to gender, he also believes that race is "fluid".

...O’Rourke, whose nickname is popular among Latinos, is not a member because he lacks Hispanic heritage....

What do you call an Irishman from Texas running for Congress and sitting on a couch? "Paddy O'Furniture."

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2018, 06:21:28 pm »
What do you call an Irishman from Texas running for Congress and sitting on a couch? "Paddy O'Furniture."

****drummer

Nice!
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra