Author Topic: Climate Change Trial Starts on Rough Footing for Environmentalists  (Read 731 times)

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
BY: Haris Alic   
April 2, 2018 2:09 pm

A civil suit playing out between five American oil companies and the municipalities of Oakland and San Francisco started off poorly for climate change activists.

In preparation for California v. Chevron, the date for which has yet to determined, U.S. District Court Judge William Alsup ordered the litigants converge for a "climate change tutorial" in an effort to ensure all parties understood the scientific foundation that would form the basis of the trial. The city attorneys of San Francisco and Oakland, the suit's plaintiffs who are championed by climate change activists, were reportedly thrilled by the prospect. Some activists even compared the tutorial to the infamous Scopes Monkey Trial, according to the Wall Street Journal.

The suit accuses the energy companies–BP, Chevron, ExxonMobil, Conoco Phillips, and Shell–of contributing to climate change and conspiring to cover up their knowledge of the associated detrimental effects.

During the tutorial, the judge pointed to several inaccuracies in the data and materials provided by the plaintiffs, sometimes to the embarrassment of climate change activists....

http://freebeacon.com/issues/climate-change-trial-starts-rough-footing-environmentalists/?utm_source=Freedom+Mail&utm_campaign=f66fea3bb0-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2018_04_02&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_b5e6e0e9ea-f66fea3bb0-46053053

Offline LMAO

Re: Climate Change Trial Starts on Rough Footing for Environmentalists
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2018, 12:44:15 am »
How do you claim conspiracy to cover up effects with information that isn't hidden?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy