Author Topic: FYI--2 new shows debuted yesterday on WABC in NYC  (Read 1545 times)

Offline pookie18

• TBR Contributor
FYI--2 new shows debuted yesterday on WABC in NYC
« on: April 03, 2018, 10:51:36 am »
1. Chris Plante (syndicated out of WMAL in DC) 10 AM-noon

2. Ben Shapiro (5-6 PM)

Offline aligncare

Re: FYI--2 new shows debuted yesterday on WABC in NYC
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2018, 11:29:04 am »
Well WABC’s got to do something to stop the bleeding. Ever since Rush, Sean Hannity and Mark Simone went over to WOR, WABC has been getting killed in the ratings. WABC is a shell of its former self.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2018, 11:36:01 am »
...And it’s no coincidence Rush, Sean and Mark are pulling such huge numbers for WOR. They are all big supporters of President Trump, in one of the biggest liberal cities in America.

Should be interesting seeing how Chris and Ben do there.

Offline pookie18

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2018, 11:55:20 am »
...And it’s no coincidence Rush, Sean and Mark are pulling such huge numbers for WOR. They are all big supporters of President Trump, in one of the biggest liberal cities in America.

Should be interesting seeing how Chris and Ben do there.

I don't know exactly how Mark Levin is doing at WABC, but in total listeners he's 3rd in the US behind Rush & Sean (despite being on fewer stations).

Offline aligncare

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2018, 12:14:59 pm »
I don't know exactly how Mark Levin is doing at WABC, but in total listeners he's 3rd in the US behind Rush & Sean (despite being on fewer stations).

Mark Levin is an interesting case. He’s brilliant, passionate and he’s no phony; he doesn’t put on a show just for the ratings. With him it’s all about educating listeners on the constitution and American greatness, from the grassroots up.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2018, 12:18:32 pm »
770 is the deadest station in the tri-state area. Nobody listens to it anymore.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2018, 12:39:51 pm »
770 is the deadest station in the tri-state area. Nobody listens to it anymore.

Mark Simone is the best radio talk show host in America, none better. His following is huge. And when he left WABC (over money) it was a dagger to their heart and WABC suffered a quick death.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2018, 12:46:04 pm »
Mark Simone is the best radio talk show host in America, none better. His following is huge. And when he left WABC (over money) it was a dagger to their heart and WABC suffered a quick death.

Simone had a great show on Saturday nights where he used to spin the hits from the Top 40 days of 77. I liked that show better than Rush back then because those 60's and 70's top 40 hits sounded better on AM radio.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2018, 12:56:23 pm »
Simone had a great show on Saturday nights where he used to spin the hits from the Top 40 days of 77. I liked that show better than Rush back then because those 60's and 70's top 40 hits sounded better on AM radio.

Funny you should mention that. In addition to Mark’s talent as an interviewer, he’s an encyclopedic  musicologist and I posted a weekly thread, the Saturday Night Mark Simone Music Thread. I tried my best to generate interest here but most nights I was the only one posting. But, it was a great music show nonetheless.

Offline pookie18

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2018, 01:03:14 pm »
Mark Levin is an interesting case. He’s brilliant, passionate and he’s no phony; he doesn’t put on a show just for the ratings. With him it’s all about educating listeners on the constitution and American greatness, from the grassroots up.

Politically speaking, he's my favorite. I also like Rush's insights & Sean's behind-the-scenes exposes/breaking news...