Author Topic: Trump Tweets Lie About Amazon That His Own Advisers Begged Him Not To Repeat  (Read 1980 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
In an Easter eve Twitter rampage on Saturday morning, Donald Trump tweeted a lie that even his own advisers have begged him not to repeat.
In two unhinged tweets, the president upped his personal feud with Amazon – likely in an effort to attack Jeff Bezos, who also owns the Washington Post – by claiming the online giant is hurting the U.S. Postal Service.....

....Trump is pretending his latest attacks on Amazon and Jeff Bezos are about saving other retailers from going out of business, but that’s not what this about.
After all, the U.S. has lost tens of thousands of jobs in the retail sector just since Trump was elected. Since 2001, retail has shed nearly half a million jobs. In the same time period, the coal industry – the one Trump incessantly drones on about – shed just 22,000 jobs.....

https://www.politicususa.com/2018/03/31/trump-tweets-lie.html

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Why did no one consider it a lie until Trump said it?
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

Not sure what you mean by that. It was called out when Bernie Sanders lied about it too.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

It's amazing what come up when you just put Trump+lie into a Google search.  I got 10,500,000 results. I suspect we have 10,499,993 more articles to go.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online LMAO

Not sure what you mean by that. It was called out when Bernie Sanders lied about it too.

Both Bernie Sanders and Donald Trump  enjoy throwing  red meat to their base whether or not what they’re saying is  true or even achievable
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline DB

It is obvious it is a lie. No one paid any attention to it because it didn't warrant any.

When the President of the USA comes out and repeats the lie, yes, that gets some attention. And it should get some major push back too...
« Last Edit: April 03, 2018, 08:14:43 pm by DB »

Offline Right_in_Virginia

It's amazing what come up when you just put Trump+lie into a Google search.  I got 10,500,000 results. I suspect we have 10,499,993 more articles to go.

No worries.  @AbaraXas has the time and the will to post all of them.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
It is obvious it is a lie. No one paid any attention to it because it didn't warrant any.

When the President of the USA comes out and repeats the lie, yes, that gets some attention. And it should get some major push back too...
It wasn't a lie. It was an established fact that the USPS collects less on Amazon packages, more than a dollar per package, than it costs to send it. No one disputed this until Donald Trump mentioned it. NO ONE.

Now people point out that it's illegal, as if somehow it nullifies the fact that it's still happening. Well, mass shootings are illegal, too, but the law didn't stop it.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2018, 01:34:07 pm by jmyrlefuller »
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline DB

It wasn't a lie. It was an established fact that the USPS collects less on Amazon packages, more than a dollar per package, than it costs to send it. No one disputed this until Donald Trump mentioned it. NO ONE.

Now people point out that it's illegal, as if somehow it nullifies the fact that it's still happening. Well, mass shootings are illegal, too, but the law didn't stop it.

Established fact where? Because the USPS is losing money - like it has most of the last 50 years? Amazon doesn't set USPS pricing. The simple fact is, the USPS would lose a whole lot more money if Amazon didn't use them as a shipper. You can't have it both ways.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
I believe that if Ted Cruz or Hillary Clinton was President, and claimed that Amazon is getting a cushy deal by using the USPS, the membership on THIS SITE, would say "Yeah, fix that."

But with President Trump, the SAME membership contorts themselves, trying to find fault with exactly the same claim.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I believe that if Ted Cruz or Hillary Clinton was President, and claimed that Amazon is getting a cushy deal by using the USPS, the membership on THIS SITE, would say "Yeah, fix that."

But with President Trump, the SAME membership contorts themselves, trying to find fault with exactly the same claim.

And yet here you are....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline DB

That characterization of the events won't float. Any "cushy deal" is 100% the fault of USPS not anyone who takes advantage of the deal. The USPS sets their pricing, not Amazon. Trump singled out Amazon as the culprit. That isn't a "Yeah, fix that" statement. It is a vendetta. If he wanted to fix it he do something about the USPS and then let its customers decide if they want to continue to use USPS services or not.

Offline kevindavis007

I don't know what the hell are you smoking. I'm against any politician doing this type of s**t.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
Donald Trump tweeted a lie that even his own advisers have begged him not to repeat.

Or in other words, welcome to today.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline Applewood

Ted Cruz is intelligent enough to know that claim is false.  But if he didn't, he would ask those who know better and listen to what they have to say. 

And if he was told that a claim was false, he wouldn't repeat it. 

Ted is also grown-up enough not to conjure up imaginary enemies and pick fights with them just to keep his base entertained.