Author Topic: Parkland students unhappy with the new reality they demanded  (Read 385 times)

rangerrebew

Parkland students unhappy with the new reality they demanded
« on: April 02, 2018, 05:11:19 pm »
Parkland students unhappy with the new reality they demanded

Jazz ShawPosted at 12:41 pm on April 2, 2018

Rapid action to make schools more secure and reduce the risk of another mass shooting was demanded after the attack at Parkland. The changes came fast, something quite unusual when you consider the generally glacial pace of the federal government (and usually the state as well). Florida passed the Gun and School Safety Bill on March 7th, barely three weeks after the shooting, with similar legislation being introduced and attracting bipartisan sponsors in Washington.

All of this has added up to many changes. In addition to bans on bump stocks, more funds are available for armed school resource officers. Perimeter security measures are being established around schools. New systems allowing the anonymous reporting of students (or anyone else in the system) displaying aberrant or dangerous behavior, making threats. etc. have been launched. School-specific ID cards have been generated to help detect unauthorized persons looking to enter the campus and allow them to be more quickly identified. While not enacted yet, some schools are looking at metal detectors.

https://hotair.com/archives/2018/04/02/parkland-students-unhappy-new-reality-demanded/
« Last Edit: April 02, 2018, 05:11:50 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline LMAO

Re: Parkland students unhappy with the new reality they demanded
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2018, 08:18:42 pm »
 Separate from just being young, they seem like the type of people only have contact with people who  agree with their worldview.  There’s probably not much of a concept of how much resistance they would run into from people who just don’t want someone else’s moral values imposed on them.

Now they’re upset over that some of the things they wanted to apply to others are now being applied to themselves
« Last Edit: April 02, 2018, 08:28:47 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Re: Parkland students unhappy with the new reality they demanded
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2018, 08:19:50 pm »
A government big enough to give you everything you want is also big enough to take away everything you have.