Author Topic: Trade war escalates as China says it will impose tariffs on 128 U.S. exports, including pork and fru  (Read 974 times)

Offline Suppressed

Trade war escalates as China says it will impose tariffs on 128 U.S. exports, including pork and fruit
The Washington Post   Damian Paletta
3 hrs ago
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/trade-war-escalates-as-china-says-it-will-impose-tariffs-on-128-us-exports-including-pork-and-fruit/ar-AAvmout

The Chinese government plans to immediately impose tariffs on 128 U.S. products, including pork and certain fruits, a direct response to President Trump’s recent moves to pursue numerous trade restrictions against Beijing.

If U.S. goods become more expensive in China, Chinese buyers could opt to purchase products from Europe, South America or elsewhere, though White House officials have routinely discounted the likelihood of this.

[...]
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Fine put a quarter tarriff on every plastic POS toy that China exports. Suits me fine if the just stopped allowing any China crap in.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline thackney

Chinese tariffs, including oil pipe, go into effect
https://www.chron.com/business/energy/article/Chinese-tariffs-including-oil-pipe-go-into-12798717.php

Chinese tariffs on $3 billion in U.S. goods went into effect Monday, the latest move in an escalating trade fight between Beijing and Washington.

The tariffs, which were initially announced two weeks ago, targeted 128 products and include a 15 percent tariff on the steel pipe used in building oil pipelines and commonly manufactured along the Texas Gulf Coast. A steeper 25 percent tariff was placed on U.S. goods including pork and aluminum scrap....

...Last year the United States exported 832,000 metric tons of steel pipe, according to the U.S. International Trade Administration. More than 80 percent of that pipe went to Canada and Mexico, with China coming in a distant third....
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Already reaping the benefits of Trump's trade war I see.