Author Topic: Deadly Force in the Protection of Property – A Very Risky Business  (Read 1624 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Personal Defense Network By Jim Fleming

“Hell yes! I worked hard for my property. You try to take it away from me, you deserve to die, and I’m just the guy who’ll do it!”

The decision to use deadly force to protect personal property involves the question of whether deadly force “may” be used, but equally important, whether it “should” be used. One is clearly a legal question. The other is a moral question and, perhaps more importantly, a practical question, one that you should not be in a hurry to answer. First, it is very important to understand that the laws providing the legal right to use deadly force vary greatly from state to state.

DEADLY FORCE LAWS BY STATE

In Texas, deadly force may be used to protect property from criminal activity or to prevent a fleeing felon from making off with property, but only if the property owner “reasonably believes” the property cannot be protected by any other means, or attempted recovery would subject the owner to the risk of death or serious injury. So you can legally use deadly force to protect property, right? Maybe, maybe not, please read on.

More: https://www.personaldefensenetwork.com/article/deadly-force-protection-property-risky-business/

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
This is one of the reasons I invested in insurance via USCCA.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!