Author Topic: So They’re Not Coming for Our Guns, Eh? We call BS.  (Read 854 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
So They’re Not Coming for Our Guns, Eh? We call BS.
« on: March 31, 2018, 12:52:31 pm »
NRA-ILA 3/30/2018                                                             

Why do we even have a Second Amendment?

Because British tyrants came for the Founders’ guns, and the Founders knew, given the chance, overreaching officials in the U.S. would do the same thing.

Now, some believe that chance has finally come.

In the wake of the terrible crimes in Parkland, Florida, gun control activists and progressive social justice warriors have found their scapegoats in the National Rifle Association and its five million members. And as they always do when they feel emboldened, they are revealing the true agenda they usually try to downplay to the American public in less emotionally-charged times.

One media outlet after another has praised the activism and passion of those who marched for gun control last Saturday. We must listen to them, we are told.

Okay, in that spirit, here is just a sampling of the marchers’ own words.

More: https://www.nraila.org/articles/20180330/so-they-re-not-coming-for-our-guns-eh-we-call-bs

Offline thackney

« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2018, 08:17:34 pm »
https://www.nraila.org/articles/20180330/so-they-re-not-coming-for-our-guns-eh-we-call-bs
 MARCH 30, 2018

Why do we even have a Second Amendment?

Because British tyrants came for the Founders’ guns, and the Founders knew, given the chance, overreaching officials in the U.S. would do the same thing.

Now, some believe that chance has finally come.

In the wake of the terrible crimes in Parkland, Florida, gun control activists and progressive social justice warriors have found their scapegoats in the National Rifle Association and its five million members. And as they always do when they feel emboldened, they are revealing the true agenda they usually try to downplay to the American public in less emotionally-charged times....

...But their analysis ignored the fact that many of America’s most popular firearms would no longer be available under the legislation, that parts for the banned firearms would also be banned, and that places which have enacted similar bans have repeatedly reneged on the original grandfather provisions. The pending legislation is also significantly broader than the federal “assault weapons” ban that was in effect from 1994 to 2004, displaying an obvious tendency toward gun control mission creep.

So who are you going to believe? The protestors themselves, history, and your lying eyes? ....
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline thackney

Re: So They’re Not Coming for Our Guns, Eh? We call BS.
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2018, 08:19:30 pm »
The left’s war on self-defense
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/apr/23/gun-control-would-make-americans-slaves/

...The left’s obsession with gun control is nothing new. The left embraced the creation of the Brady Center to Prevent Handgun Violence after its creation in the 1980s. Other left-wing attempts to repeal and block the Second Amendment rights of Americans go further back. 

As a policy idea, gun control has been a disaster. Ignoring the fact that it is one of the preferred tools of tyrants, gun control simply does not work. Britain essentially banned firearms after the 1996 Dunblane massacre. 

While Britain, for more than 20 years, has had the kind of gun control American liberals can only dream of, the results have not been good. Crime in London is out of control. In gun-free London, a number of people have been shot to death in the last three months. Only a year ago, the BBC reported that gun crime had risen by 42 percent. How could that be? The left promises us that if we only ban guns, crime will go away....

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2018, 08:26:46 pm »
In Sweden, guns are heavily restricted. So, the most popular gun is a fully-auto AK-47 and you get a free grenade if you buy it.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline thackney

Offline MOD3

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2018, 08:48:00 pm »
Topics merged.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2018, 08:57:37 pm »

These moronic Communist arseholes are going to NEED GUNS in order to TAKE OUR GUNS.

How much bloodshed will they themselves be willing to approve of when they make this last mistake?

My guess is that as long as it is not their own, they don't give a shit if millions of us are bulldozed into mass graves, which is where they will actually take us given the chance.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2018, 09:00:40 pm by INVAR »
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2018, 12:20:01 am »
How much bloodshed will they themselves be willing to approve of when they make this last mistake?

My guess is that as long as it is not their own, they don't give a shit if millions of us are bulldozed into mass graves, which is where they will actually take us given the chance.

So say the big, bad talkers we've had lecturing us on the subject, of late.  They're just like the Commies in Germany, smiling as the Jews were loaded into the cattle cars.  Little did they know their turn at the point of the bayonets was next.

Oh sure, when they send the officers out to start grabbing our guns they'll get away with it.  For the short while it takes people to realize they're serious about it, and at that point I would not want to be the poor schlubs trying to confiscate.  For the life of me, I can't understand how they think this will go down peacefully. :shrug:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2018, 12:41:30 am »
So say the big, bad talkers we've had lecturing us on the subject, of late.  They're just like the Commies in Germany, smiling as the Jews were loaded into the cattle cars.  Little did they know their turn at the point of the bayonets was next.

Oh sure, when they send the officers out to start grabbing our guns they'll get away with it.  For the short while it takes people to realize they're serious about it, and at that point I would not want to be the poor schlubs trying to confiscate.  For the life of me, I can't understand how they think this will go down peacefully. :shrug:

When you consider the fact they think that those of us who do not think like they do; are a scourge on planet earth; evil; greedy; and filled with privilege they loathe with a passion that would have them rend your flesh with their teeth if given the chance - they are perfectly fine with applauding the state gun us down into mass graves.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2018, 12:47:01 am »
When you consider the fact they think that those of us who do not think like they do; are a scourge on planet earth; evil; greedy; and filled with privilege they loathe with a passion that would have them rend your flesh with their teeth if given the chance - they are perfectly fine with applauding the state gun us down into mass graves.

In that case they are fools to think that beast is going to stay on their leash. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Axeslinger

« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2018, 12:53:11 am »
Hmmm, wasn’t it just earlier today that a certain tyrant d-bag in the making was assuring us that we were paranoid and nobody wanted our guns?  Maybe this explains why that lying little troll has slunk away.
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline skeeter

« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2018, 01:14:47 am »
Being comfortable (and having alot to lose) I can't afford to not be a tolerant guy.

But this is my red line. I'm not alone.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2018, 01:15:32 am by skeeter »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2018, 01:57:42 am »
Being comfortable (and having alot to lose) I can't afford to not be a tolerant guy.

But this is my red line. I'm not alone.

You are not alone, in any of those things.
I will NOT comply.