Author Topic: Federal judge rules that government has a right to make a couple sick  (Read 539 times)

rangerrebew

March 31, 2018
Federal judge rules that government has a right to make a couple sick
By Thomas Lifson

According to a ruling by federal judge in St. Louis, Missouri, governments can require a people to make themselves sick. More specifically, a local ordinance that requires planting grass, to which a St. Peters, MO woman is allergic, does not violate a “fundamental right.” Thus, U.S. District Judge John Ross granted a summary judgment sought by the City of St. Peters, and ruled against a federal lawsuit brought by Jan and Carl Duffner, who must now devote half of their lot to cultivating a plant that makes them ill. The basis of the judge’s ruling is that the Supreme Court has ruled that  “aesthetic considerations constitute a legitimate government purpose.”

Read more: https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2018/03/federal_judge_rules_that_government_has_a_right_to_make_a_couple_sick.html#ixzz5BKWuBsZJ

Offline RoosGirl

Re: Federal judge rules that government has a right to make a couple sick
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2018, 01:33:26 pm »
I know yhe government sure makes me sick.  Anyway, gov't doesn't have "rights".  *****rollingeyes*****

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2018, 05:39:14 pm »
Is it safe to assume that laying down what they used to call Astroturf wouldn't be acceptable to this judge?

Or, something like this, which is exactly what I'm doing to the front of my house, since where I live in Vegas you can't grow
grass without it being scorched within days in the heavy summer fryer heat, though I can put in a few plants at the back
of the spread that won't be killed and actually do hold up in such heat . . .

« Last Edit: March 31, 2018, 05:39:56 pm by EasyAce »

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2018, 12:50:53 am »
Gravel lawns are pretty much standard in Phoenix.  Easy care, as long as you remember to put pre-emergent down every year before the rainy season,
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: