Author Topic: ‘Chappaquiddick’: ‘Powerful People’ Pressured Studio Not to Release Film, CEO Says  (Read 1064 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
‘Chappaquiddick’: ‘Powerful People’ Pressured Studio Not to Release Film, CEO Says
Ariana Brockington
March 29, 2018 10:44AM PT

“Chappaquiddick” offers details that were little known about the devastating 1969 scandal involving one of the most glorified families in American history: the Kennedys. So, it is not surprising that the cast, executive producers, and director felt some nerves taking on the project.

For Byron Allen, Entertainment Studios CEO and co-founder and executive producer of the film, the pushback to tell this story came when he first decided to produce the film. “Unfortunately, there are some very powerful people who tried to put pressure on me not to release this movie,” Allen said. “They went out of their way to try and influence me in a negative way. I made it very clear that I’m not about the right, I’m not about the left. I’m about the truth.”

The movie tells the story of what occurred in 1969 when Senator Ted Kennedy drove his car off a bridge on Chappaquiddick Island in Martha’s Vineyard and the passenger, Mary Jo Kopechne, was killed. At the Beverly Hills premiere and screening of the film at the Samuel Goldwyn Theater, Allen referred to Kopechne as “one of the original #MeToo victims” and said it was her time to receive justice and the truth.

Read more at: http://variety.com/2018/film/news/chappaquiddick-executive-producer-pressured-1202739078/

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Should have been released 20 years ago.  No one (liberals) had the stones to take on the Kennedys. 
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
The media generally protected elites from exposure of their many misdeeds and dalliances.

FDR's wheelchair and mistress, Ike's overseas mistress, JFK's many mistresses, etc. Rock Hudson.

Wealthy powerful families got away with murder, figuratively and literally.

In a sense the protection enjoyed by Weinstein and Spacey until last year, was a continuation of that standard.

(I accidentally watched a Weinstein film on Netflix a couple of weeks ago.)

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Applewood

What kind of justice?  Money from the Kennedys?  Just isn't going to happen. 

I figure Ted answered for what he did when he appeared before his Maker in judgment.  And for that matter, the rest of the Kennedys have suffered in this life for all their misdeeds, starting with the miserable old man, Joe.  This is not a happy family and their unhappiness and tragedies are their own doing.  It's too bad they don't seem to realize that few people outside their social circle give a [expletive] about them.  The family long ago lost the admiration and respect of the nation.

Offline Frank Cannon

This movie already bugs me. During the radio spots for it there is a disclaimer: Warning Adult Language and Historical Smoking.

Historical smoking? What the hell type of weak faggorty is that?

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
This movie already bugs me. During the radio spots for it there is a disclaimer: Warning Adult Language and Historical Smoking.

Historical smoking? What the hell type of weak faggorty is that?

OMG did Ted Kennedy smoke?
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

It's too bad they don't seem to realize that few people outside their social circle give a [expletive] about them.

@Applewood

Why? While they were no doubt happy to take any love they could get,what they were going for was fear.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Frank Cannon

OMG did Ted Kennedy smoke?

If he didn't, he is now smoking in hell Rochester.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2018, 10:57:53 pm by Frank Cannon »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
What kind of justice?  Money from the Kennedys?  Just isn't going to happen. 

I figure Ted answered for what he did when he appeared before his Maker in judgment.  And for that matter, the rest of the Kennedys have suffered in this life for all their misdeeds, starting with the miserable old man, Joe.  This is not a happy family and their unhappiness and tragedies are their own doing.  It's too bad they don't seem to realize that few people outside their social circle give a [expletive] about them.  The family long ago lost the admiration and respect of the nation.

Is that why the Rats put one of the clan up in front of a car with an open hood to flop spit in the rebuttal speech after the State of the Union address?  :laugh:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: