Author Topic: French Special Forces to be deployed in Manbij very quickly: Macron to Syrian Kurdistan delegation  (Read 345 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
French Special Forces to be deployed in Manbij very quickly: Macron to Syrian Kurdistan delegation
Kurdistan24

ERBIL, Kurdistan Region (Kurdistan 24) – French President Emmanuel Macron on Thursday vowed to send troops to Syria in support of the US-led coalition to block any further advance by Turkey who has promised to continue its military offensive east of Afrin.

In a meeting with Kurdish and Arab representatives in Syria, Macron expressed his country's readiness to send French troops to support the US-led Coalition in Syria, which includes the Syrian Kurdish People's Protection Units (YPG), Paris-based news magazine Marianne said.

A delegation representing the Kurdish, Arab, and Christian components of Syrian Kurdistan (Rojava) held talks with the French Presidency on Thursday to discuss the situation in the country’s north, Reuters reported quoting Kurdish officials in Paris.

Read more at: http://www.kurdistan24.net/en/news/01ae994c-01b0-4e2b-b009-e8509777de46

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Now, wait a sec, Trump said we will be "leaving very soon"; but the article reads:

"....Macron expressed his country's readiness to send French troops to support the US-led Coalition in Syria, which includes the Syrian Kurdish People's Protection Units (YPG), Paris-based news magazine Marianne said."

So, sometimes, leaving soon means different in situations like this. Just the way, Turkey said their troops were not permanent either.

Of course, Macron may not know what the latest US plans are.... we will see. Also, we might withdraw troops but I have a feeling we might keep air power on the ready.

Macron is pretty spot on.  I hope the doomsayers are wrong that France is lost, they definitely have some problems.  Macron seems to be a good guy but I doubt if he comes up with some of this by himself.

« Last Edit: March 30, 2018, 04:14:43 am by TomSea »