Author Topic: How to thrive in Trumpland  (Read 547 times)

Online corbe

How to thrive in Trumpland
« on: March 29, 2018, 05:58:02 pm »

How to thrive in Trumpland

Mike Allen, Jonathan Swan 7 hours ago

It’s no secret what it takes to get booted from the Trump administration. Annoy the president with wordy, nagging disagreements. (Ask outgoing national security adviser H.R. McMaster.) Call him a moron. (Ask outgoing Secretary of State Rex Tillerson.) Or make it seem like you are the puppet master. (Ask former senior strategist Steve Bannon.)

The real mystery: How does anyone survive in the wild West Wing? Based on countless conversations that we have had with aides past and present, here’s how.

1. Flatter and defend the boss.

•Even better if you do it on TV. Stephen Miller is the master of this genre. He rarely appears on TV. But when he does, he deploys Trumpian hyperbole. When the media and courts were undercutting Trump’s initial botched travel ban, Miller told CBS that the powers of the president to protect the country “will not be questioned.”

<..snip..>

https://www.axios.com/white-house-keep-lose-job-thrive-keys-rules-92fcd2ee-367b-4f1e-84f8-2e2b6c306239.html
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: How to thrive in Trumpland
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2018, 06:00:03 pm »
Wow. Now the NT's are posting shit from Mike Allen to make themselves feel special.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2018, 06:27:00 pm »
Wow. Now the NT's are posting shit from Mike Allen to make themselves feel special.

I don't know anything about the authors, but it does represent a couple of minutes of my life I'm not going to get back....

How to succeed working for Trump:  Be a supplicant, and related.   *****rollingeyes*****
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Concerned

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2018, 07:24:51 pm »
And not surprisingly being competent and qualified didn't even make the top five.
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2018, 07:35:13 pm »
And not surprisingly being competent and qualified didn't even make the top five.

This is an unserious article.  I wouldn't expect it to, or list any other positive attribute, when you think about it.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Concerned

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2018, 07:38:53 pm »
This is an unserious article.  I wouldn't expect it to, or list any other positive attribute, when you think about it.

Serious or unserious, I think there's a lot of truth to the article.  Is Jared Kushner qualified to work in any other White House (beyond being family to Trump)?  Was Omarosa qualified? I never thought Rex Tillerson had the diplomatic qualifications to be Secretary of State.  Similarly, I don’t think Dr. Ronny Jackson has the managerial or leadership qualifications to be Secretary of the VA.  Scaramucci was a train wreck for his 15 seconds on the White House staff.  Sam Clovis was clearly not qualified to be in charge of the Department of Agriculture’s research efforts.  Brett Talley was nominated to be a judge even though he’s never tried a case (his confirmation was an embarrassment).   

There have been plenty of appointments for which proper due diligence just wasn’t done and poorly qualified people nominated/employed.  Trump seems to be appointing people whom he likes or thinks “looks the part” rather they who are necessarily actually qualified.  That’s not turning out very well for the guy who claimed to “only hires the best people”.  JMO.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2018, 07:48:50 pm »
I don't know anything about the authors, but it does represent a couple of minutes of my life I'm not going to get back.... How to succeed working for Trump:  Be a supplicant, and related.   *****rollingeyes*****
@Cyber Liberty

If your body looks good and you have on fashionable clothes, you are hired as the head of "whatever" agency he has open.  If you don't look good, although you have the answers for every question in the universe, you "ain't" getting hired.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2018, 07:52:52 pm »
Serious or unserious, I think there's a lot of truth to the article.  Is Jared Kushner qualified to work in any other White House (beyond being family to Trump)?  Was Omarosa qualified? I never thought Rex Tillerson had the diplomatic qualifications to be Secretary of State.  Similarly, I don’t think Dr. Ronny Jackson has the managerial or leadership qualifications to be Secretary of the VA.  Scaramucci was a train wreck for his 15 seconds on the White House staff.  Sam Clovis was clearly not qualified to be in charge of the Department of Agriculture’s research efforts.  Brett Talley was nominated to be a judge even though he’s never tried a case (his confirmation was an embarrassment).   

There have been plenty of appointments for which proper due diligence just wasn’t done and poorly qualified people nominated/employed.  Trump seems to be appointing people whom he likes or thinks “looks the part” rather they who are necessarily actually qualified.  That’s not turning out very well for the guy who claimed to “only hires the best people”.  JMO.

Maybe I'm just jaded, but I agree with all that and none of it is new to me.   :shrug:
I will NOT comply.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2018, 07:53:34 pm »
@Cyber Liberty

If your body looks good and you have on fashionable clothes, you are hired as the head of "whatever" agency he has open.  If you don't look good, although you have the answers for every question in the universe, you "ain't" getting hired.

Yeah, I'd have washed out of a job there in the pre-Interview stage.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Concerned

« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2018, 07:58:34 pm »
Maybe I'm just jaded, but I agree with all that and none of it is new to me.   :shrug:

I agree it's nothing new.   :beer:  However, at some point, I would have liked to see the Trump grow into the job and actually learn from his previous staffing mistakes.  Unfortunately, he seems to be accelerating rather than learning from his unqualified hires.  I guess, in retrospect, expecting learning and growing on the job was really just too much to ask of a guy in his 70's. 

Online corbe

« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2018, 08:02:22 pm »
Wow. Now the ET's are posting shit about corbe to make themselves feel special.

Fixed it for ya @Frank Cannon 
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2018, 08:04:13 pm »
Wow. Now the ET's are posting shit about corbe to make themselves feel special.

Fixed it for ya @Frank Cannon

Do you even know who the hell Mike Allen is? You guys just post any Commie Pinkos shit here to slam Trump regardless of what ardent Leftist wrote it.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2018, 08:09:38 pm »
I agree it's nothing new.   :beer:  However, at some point, I would have liked to see the Trump grow into the job and actually learn from his previous staffing mistakes.  Unfortunately, he seems to be accelerating rather than learning from his unqualified hires.  I guess, in retrospect, expecting learning and growing on the job was really just too much to ask of a guy in his 70's.

The problem I have with the article, and why I think it was a waste of time, is because the author can't think of one molecule of good to say about Trump's staff.  I'm sure there's something in there, but I get a feeling this is just another partisan hit piece without it.
I will NOT comply.

Online corbe

« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2018, 08:14:40 pm »
   No, Frank I have no clue who the guy is. I read the article and was briefly entertained primarily, no doubt, due to my serious affliction of TDS.  It is a slow news day with all the Stormy, Roseanne crap going on.  I assumed being from The Hill some others here may find the wit in it.   
   Personally, I don't feel any more Special now than when my feet first hit the floor this morning, obviously I'm doing something wrong.

Should I add Mike Allen to my list alongside Susan Wright and Erick Erickson of forbidden Authors that pizz off the ET'ers?
« Last Edit: March 29, 2018, 08:17:26 pm by corbe »

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2018, 08:17:16 pm »
The problem I have with the article, and why I think it was a waste of time, is because the author can't think of one molecule of good to say about Trump's staff. 

Of course he can't. Mike Allen is to the Left of Hitlary for Christ's sakes. He is a bald little creep who started Polutico and then went on to do this shit rag Axios. If you ever wanted to know why the news cycles do nothing but dish gossip about Trump and bash him, it's because this little turd does a Top 10 news items morning that the MSM gleefully pics up and runs with.

This is why there is on news being reported on the fraud Orlando hate crime shooting or the fact that Atlanta had a terrorist computer hack that has shut the city down, but we know what Kelly might have said to Pence about Trumps haircut last week over scones.