Author Topic: What’s on Your Mind? Bosses Are Using Artificial Intelligence to Find Out  (Read 1451 times)

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
AI tools give companies instant insights from employee surveys that once took months to process
What’s on Your Mind? Bosses Are Using Artificial Intelligence to Find Out

By Imani Moise
March 28, 2018 11:35 a.m. ET

Human-resource departments are becoming a bit less human as companies turn to artificial intelligence for help with hiring and firing—and to learn how employees really feel about their bosses.

Every year at SPS Companies Inc., most of the steel processor’s 600 employees, from warehouse staffers to top executives, fill out a 30-minute confidential survey that asks, among other things, whether they feel micromanaged  and whether they feel their managers support their professional growth. One question challenges survey-takers to gauge how respected and valued they feel within the organization.

This year, for the first time, the Manhattan, Kan.-based company tapped an artificial-intelligence tool called Xander to analyze responses. Xander can determine whether an employee feels optimistic, confused or angry...

https://www.wsj.com/articles/whats-on-your-mind-bosses-are-using-artificial-intelligence-to-find-out-1522251302

Offline thackney

What’s on Your Mind? Bosses Are Using Artificial Intelligence to Find Out

For too many bosses, this is because they don't know how to use, or completely lack, their own intelligence?
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline thackney

confidential survey

Second point.

Unless it is on paper dropped in a common box, I don't believe it is really confidential.

We have had more than one experience getting a one-on-one reply to a comment in an electronic, confidential survey.

Offline Polly Ticks

Second point.

Unless it is on paper dropped in a common box, I don't believe it is really confidential.

We have had more than one experience getting a one-on-one reply to a comment in an electronic, confidential survey.

Yep.  And that's the topic of one of my all time favorite Dilbert strips:

Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Yep.  And that's the topic of one of my all time favorite Dilbert strips:

Good one!

Offline Polly Ticks

Good one!

Right?  Dilbert's angry eyebrows crack me up every time.  :laugh:
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline thackney

Right?  Dilbert's angry eyebrows crack me up every time.  :laugh:

Great one!