Author Topic: Poll: Majority of Americans say they are not seeing change in paychecks due to tax cuts  (Read 1340 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Many are probably like me where increases in healthcare costs more than offset the tax cuts.

A majority of Americans say they are not yet seeing President Trump's tax cuts reflected in their paychecks, according to a new poll.
A CNBC All-America Economic Survey finds 52 percent of working adults say they haven't seen a change.
Just 32 percent of the working adults report taking home more money due to the tax cuts, which Trump signed into law late last year....

http://thehill.com/policy/finance/380598-poll-majority-of-americans-not-seeing-change-in-paychecks-due-to-tax-cuts

Offline DB

Somebody has to pay for Trumpcare.

Offline Frank Cannon

Leave it to Steve Lies-man to spin shit into a disaster for a Republican. CNBC is a low rated piece of shit channel that no one takes seriously anymore. Just look at what they buried in the story...

Every economic indicator in the poll of 800 Americans throughout the country is at or near a postrecession high. Half of all Americans judge the economy as good or excellent, the only time the percentage has been above 50 for two-straight quarters in the 11 year history of the poll.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Many are probably like me where increases in healthcare costs more than offset the tax cuts.
I for one do not see that.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline DB

Leave it to Steve Lies-man to spin shit into a disaster for a Republican. CNBC is a low rated piece of shit channel that no one takes seriously anymore. Just look at what they buried in the story...

That is easy to do with huge amounts of borrowed/printed money flowing into the economy along with lowered tax rates.

The bill will come due.

Offline MajorClay

I am, what is wrong w these people?

Offline Frank Cannon

I am, what is wrong w these people?

They called 800 random "Americans" for the poll. From what is going on out there, a lot of people don't work on purpose, don't pay income tax because they have 6 or 8 worthless side gigs or don't speak anything but Spanish. I'd like to see a poll of people with real jobs.

Offline DB

They called 800 random "Americans" for the poll. From what is going on out there, a lot of people don't work on purpose, don't pay income tax because they have 6 or 8 worthless side gigs or don't speak anything but Spanish. I'd like to see a poll of people with real jobs.

The $10k cap on state property/income taxes deductions hits a lot of people hard who have jobs.