Author Topic: Dominion's Water Line Insurance  (Read 724 times)

Offline mrclose

Dominion's Water Line Insurance
« on: March 28, 2018, 09:09:24 pm »

Dominion is the major power company here in Virginia.

Maybe some of you in other states have a similar "insurance program?"

We received a letter from Dominion today suggesting that we take out insurance on our water line.

I have no idea why or how a power company has any interest in our water but it is a legit letter from them.

I was wondering if anyone else has received this letter and recommendations on whether the insurance is worth taking?

Thanks!

Below is a summary of the letter ...

Water Line Replacement Program
Did you know the water line that runs from the street to your home is your responsibility? Water line failures can cost a homeowner thousands of dollars in unexpected repairs.

Fortunately, there is a program to help you avoid these costly repair bills; it's Dominion Products and Services, Inc.’s Water Line Replacement Program.
For as low as $4.99/month the Program provides:

Convenience- Simply call our water line replacement service number any time—day or night—and we’ll respond within 24 hours.

Savings- We will pay for all water line parts and labor to replace your water line, and we won’t even charge a service call fee.

No long term contract - Stay protected as long as you like.  If you are not 100% satisfied with the Water Line Replacement Program, you can cancel at any time.

"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Offline Idiot

Re: Dominion's Water Line Insurance
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2018, 09:28:16 pm »
Dominion is the major power company here in Virginia.

Maybe some of you in other states have a similar "insurance program?"

We received a letter from Dominion today suggesting that we take out insurance on our water line.

I have no idea why or how a power company has any interest in our water but it is a legit letter from them.

I was wondering if anyone else has received this letter and recommendations on whether the insurance is worth taking?

Thanks!

Below is a summary of the letter ...

Water Line Replacement Program
@mrclose

I had noticed that my water usage was slowly climbing for an unknown reason (well...I kind of knew..lol).  I received one of those letters about water line insurance, so I enrolled.  I waited a couple of months, then contacted them about a possible water leak.  They sent out the most expensive plumbing co. in town to check it out, and did find a leak in the backyard.  They replaced the entire line and paid the plumbing co. over $3000.  If I would have done it myself it would likely not cost over $500 at most.  After the line was replaced, I cancelled my coverage, since I had a new line...lol.

It worked for me....