Author Topic: Gulf Power bill is going down  (Read 715 times)

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Gulf Power bill is going down
« on: March 28, 2018, 07:06:41 pm »
Just got this email from Gulf Power.   

Dear Reginald P Wingnut,

You will soon see a decrease in your electricity bills thanks to approval by the Florida Public Service Commission for Gulf Power to pass along approximately $103 million in tax savings to our 460,000 customers in 2018.

If you’re an average residential Gulf Power customer using 1,112 kilowatt-hours per month, you can expect to see a $14 drop in your monthly energy bill this year — that’s about $126 total for the rest of 2018.

It’s the largest decrease in company history. Along with $103 million in tax savings this year, customers can expect to see more than $30 million in savings continuing into 2019 and beyond.

While the average residential Gulf Power customer will see a $14 drop on their bills, customers who use more energy will see a larger decrease and those who use less, a smaller decrease.

These tax savings are the result of federal tax reductions under the new Tax Cuts and Jobs Act, which was signed into law on Dec. 22, 2017, and became effective on Jan. 1, 2018. We worked to quickly deliver as much savings as possible for you, our customers, in the form of lower energy prices reflected in your upcoming April bills.

Gulf Power is privileged to be your energy provider, and while we pass along the tax savings to our customers across Northwest Florida, the company will continue to invest in the energy grid to maintain the safe and reliable service you have come to expect.

Sincerely,
Your Gulf Power Team
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Re: Gulf Power bill is going down
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2018, 08:17:00 pm »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline endicom

Re: Gulf Power bill is going down
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2018, 08:33:03 pm »
That's great, @Wingnut, the more electricity you use is the more you will save.