Author Topic: BREAKING NEWS: Passover shoppers 'injured' as car mounts pavement and ploughs into pharmacy in north  (Read 986 times)

Offline mountaineer

BREAKING NEWS: Passover shoppers 'injured' as car mounts pavement and ploughs into pharmacy in north London
Daily Mail
    *One person is fighting for their life after a car crashed into a shop in London
    *The Jaguar mounted the kerb and smashed into a pharmacy in Golders Green
     *Police, paramedics and London Fire Brigade are currently at the scene

By Darren Boyle for MailOnline
Published: 07:56 EDT, 28 March 2018 | Updated: 09:07 EDT, 28 March 2018

A car has smashed into a pharmacy next to a kosher food shop in Golders Green, north London as Passover shoppers prepare for this Friday's celebration.

Two people have been injured in the collision which saw the silver Jaguar X-Type mount the kerb and plough into a shop.

Witnesses saw the car mount the kerb and it one man who was clinging to the windscreen. As the car sped along the pavement, it knocked down an elderly gentleman before smashing into the pharmacy.   ...

Scotland Yard confirmed they are dealing with this incident as a 'road traffic collision' and no arrests have been made. 
Photos and more at link.

No indication of whether the driver said anything sounding like "Call a snackbar."

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline mountaineer

More photos and story at The Sun
... A Met Police spokesman said: "Officers, the London Ambulance Service and London Fire Brigade attended and found a car in collision with a pedestrian and a shop.

"It is believed two people have been injured.

"A man has been taken to a central London hospital with possible life-threatening injuries.

"We await an update on the other injured person’s condition.

"Road closures are in place while emergency services deal with the incident.

"No arrests have been made. Enquiries continue." ...

Offline mountaineer

Hmmm. Coinkydink? The same day people in London were mowed down by a car?
School threat: UK and London schools on lockdown after being sent threatening emails warning children will be mowed down by car
    Patrick Grafton-Green
    2 hours ago

Schools in London are among a number across the UK which have received threatening emails warning that children will be mowed down by a car.

Scotland Yard confirmed on Wednesday afternoon that schools in London are affected, while those in Durham, Cambridgeshire, Devon and Cornwall, the West Midlands and Northumbria have also received the messages.

Police said the emails are being treated as a hoax but it is believed that some schools are keeping children inside.

The email says that a car will drive into "as many students as possible" as they leave school at 3.15pm.  ...
Evening Standard

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I wonder if they've found a motive yet.

Offline Frank Cannon

I wonder if they've found a motive yet.

Mayor Kahn said it was a defective johnson rod on the vehicle. Nothing to see here.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Mayor Kahn said it was a defective johnson rod on the vehicle. Nothing to see here.

No way it was a faulty johnson rod.  More than likely someone put blinker fluid in the Brake reservoir causing the knueter valve to fail..
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Frank Cannon

No way it was a faulty johnson rod.  More than likely someone put blinker fluid in the Brake reservoir causing the knueter valve to fail..

Another common cause for vehicle failure this time of year is switching over from winter air to summer air in the tires prematurely. Doing that too early can result in catastrophic failure.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Now, references to Passover are not in the DM story, they update their stories, so who knows.

By the way, a car plowed into some people in San Francisco I understand, one dead...I heard, I guess, I"ll post that if no one has.

Offline TomSea

Driving a Jaguar doesn't strike me as a choice weapon for a terrorist act.  Not impossible though.

Offline Frank Cannon

Driving a Jaguar doesn't strike me as a choice weapon for a terrorist act.  Not impossible though.

Ever owned a Jag Tommy? You'd be driving into walls to kill yourself if you were out of warranty and stuck paying for the multitude of repairs.

BTW you can pick up a S Type for under $2K because they are pieces of shit. Seems like the perfect price point for a terrorist.

Offline mountaineer

Now, references to Passover are not in the DM story, they update their stories, so who knows.

By the way, a car plowed into some people in San Francisco I understand, one dead...I heard, I guess, I"ll post that if no one has.
The guy in SF pulled out an ax and started swinging at people. Sounds familiar.

The Israeli press sure is mentioning the fact that motorist in London plowed into a building right next door to a Kosher grocery, even if the British press is pretending otherwise.

Offline TomSea

Neither victim of Golders Green car smash left with life-threatening injuries

By Press Association

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/pa/article-5555353/Neither-victim-Golders-Green-car-smash-left-life-threatening-injuries.html#ixzz5B5kUcRNy
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

I saw one story where it said one was fighting for his life but if the above story is true, that they do not have life-threatening injuries, that's great to hear.