Author Topic: How to download the mountains of data Facebook has on you - including call logs, texts, ads you've c  (Read 1997 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
How to download the mountains of data Facebook has on you - including call logs, texts, ads you've clicked, and conversations you thought you deleted

Facebook has been embroiled in a massive privacy scandal in the last few weeks
    Users are waking up to the realization of how much data has been collected
    One way to check is to download an archive of your data from Facebook's site
    It has intimate data like call logs, texts and brands who have your information

By Annie Palmer For Dailymail.com

Published: 19:38 EDT, 26 March 2018 | Updated: 19:54 EDT, 26 March 2018

more
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-5547289/How-download-mountains-data-Facebook-including-call-logs-text-messages.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mountaineer

Mozilla launches Facebook Container add-on to isolate your web browsing activity from Facebook
Paul Sawers
   March 27, 2018 6:00 AM

Mozilla was the first major brand to announce it was “pausing” its advertising on Facebook in the wake of the Cambridge Analytica data privacy scandal. Today, the organization announced a new tool it said will help keep Facebook from tracking your browsing across the web.

The Facebook Container add-on for Firefox promises to make it “much harder” for Facebook to track you when you’re not on its site. Mozilla has been working on the technology for several years already, accelerating its development in response to what it called a “growing demand for tools that help manage privacy and security,” according to a statement issued by Mozilla today.

Most people are probably aware that data they directly give to Facebook — such as “liking” a Page or updating their relationship status — may be sold to advertisers. But fewer people know that Facebook can also track their activities on other websites that have integrated with aspects of Facebook’s tracking technology, such as the pervasive “Like” button. And it’s in this scenario that Mozilla is now hoping to play the good guy. ... MORE at Venture Beat
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online mountaineer

Whistleblower: Facebook Able to Eavesdrop on You at Home and Work
Posted on March 28, 2018

Cambridge Analytica whistleblower Christoper Wylie, appearing before a committee of British MPs on Tuesday, said that Facebook has the ability to spy on users in their homes and offices.

The British parliament is investigating Cambridge Analytica’s involvement in the Brexit election. MP Damian Collins, who chaired the committee, asked Wylie whether Facebook has the ability to listen to what people are talking about in order to better target them with ads. ...

He clarified, “It’s not to say they’re listening to what you’re saying. It’s not natural language processing. That would be hard to scale. But to understand the environmental context of where you are to improve the contextual value of the ad itself” is possible.  ... More at True Pundit

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
But it was cool when Obama did it...
The Republic is lost.

Offline jpsb

Thanks for posting this, I checked, Facebook knows very little about me.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Yes, thanks for posting.  I'm waiting for an email to tell me my data is available.

Online mountaineer

Jerry Dunleavy   @JerryDunleavy
10h10 hours ago
Jerry Dunleavy Retweeted CBS News

Facebook being careless about who has access to their data at a hearing about Facebook being careless about who has access to their data is the most 2018 thing ever
----------------------------------
CBS News
‏Verified account @CBSNews

Associated Press photographer Andrew Harni got a clear shot of Zuckerberg's notes as he left the table during a break Tuesday. Some notable entries include how he should defend Facebook. "[If attacked: Respectfully, I reject that. Not who we are.] https://cbsn.ws/2EASvI0

From CBS News:
Zuckerberg's notes

7:27 p.m.: Associated Press photographer Andrew Harni got a clear shot of Zuckerberg's notes as he left the table during a break Tuesday. Some notable entries include how he should defend Facebook. "[If attacked: Respectfully, I reject that. Not who we are.]"

There's even a section titled: "Resign?" that seems to dodge the question entirely.

"Founded Facebook. My decisions. I made mistakes. Big challenge, but we've solved problems before, going to solve this one," it reads. "Already taking action."