Author Topic: Another Female Genital Mutilation Case Fails, Zero Convictions in 33 Years  (Read 821 times)

rangerrebew

Another Female Genital Mutilation Case Fails, Zero Convictions in 33 Years

by Liam Deacon23 Mar 2018473
The latest attempt to secure the UK’s first prosecution for female genital mutilation (FGM) has failed, with a West African father cleared of using the practice to “punish” his young daughter.

The prosecution was only the second brought under FGM legislation since it was introduced 33 years ago, in 1985. Not a single person has been found guilty of the crime in Britain, despite thousands of cases logged annually, and hundreds of successful prosecutions in France.

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2018/03/23/another-female-genital-mutilation-case-fails-33-years-zero-convictions/

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
It's only a matter of time before "Great Britain" becomes "Britanistan".

Not if... only... "when".

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
@Stevensr123  Do you have any idea why it is so hard to prosecute FGM cases in the UK?
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
I am much more interested if there have been any cases in the US.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
I am much more interested if there have been any cases in the US.

I know there was a female doctor prosecuted in Michigan in the last couple of years.  The unfortunate thing is, I believe she was trying to "protect" the girls from the full procedure by just doing a slight nick.  The idea being, that the parents would have gotten the whole thing done elsewhere.  I can imagine a doctor possibly thinking she was trying to save the girls from something worse ;(.
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Offline Stevensr123

@Stevensr123  Do you have any idea why it is so hard to prosecute FGM cases in the UK?
Sorry for replying so late Laura!

I don't think its hard to prosecute. I think its hard to get the communities doing speaking up, to bring them out and admitting it's being done. Sadly these places gather together in parts of the community and have their own rules and laws, and keep lid on it.

If the actually British law enforcement got involved, they would be prosecuted because it is against the law of the land. That is the struggle Britain is having though right now with immigrants.

In the past when it was hard to get into a country, when you got their you where grateful and thankful, and tried best to fit in. Now? They don't assimilate, they create their own areas and communities, simply because it's so easy.

I moved to Australia, and was so thankful for them giving me the opportunity  and try my best to fit in with the Australian culture and respect what they believe in. That doesn't happen often enough now.

« Last Edit: March 30, 2018, 03:45:19 pm by Stevensr123 »