Author Topic: Perry warns Saudi will partner with "Russia or China" on nuclear reactors if U.S. can't strike deal  (Read 454 times)

Offline thackney

Perry warns Saudi will partner with "Russia or China" on nuclear reactors if U.S. can't strike deal
https://www.chron.com/business/energy/article/Perry-warns-Saudi-will-partner-with-Russia-or-12776285.php
March 23, 2018

Energy Secretary Rick Perry isn't shy about saying what he thinks will happen if the United States and Saudi Arabia can't strike a deal on the construction of nuclear reactors in the Middle Eastern kingdom.

The two sides are in negotiations around whether or not Saudi Arabia should be allowed to build uranium enrichment facilities within their borders, something the Saudis want but U.S. officials fear could lead to the development of nuclear weapons there.

"Either Russia or China is going to be a partner in building civil nuclear capability in the kingdom of Saudi Arabia, or the United States [is]," Perry said at a Senate Armed Services Committee Thursday, according to Politico. "I think it's important for us to negotiate in a really good and a powerful way, but recognizing that the alternative of who they're going to be doing business with is of great concern to me."...
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
Perry warns Saudi will partner with "Russia or China" on nuclear reactors if U.S. can't strike deal
https://www.chron.com/business/energy/article/Perry-warns-Saudi-will-partner-with-Russia-or-12776285.php
March 23, 2018

Energy Secretary Rick Perry isn't shy about saying what he thinks will happen if the United States and Saudi Arabia can't strike a deal on the construction of nuclear reactors in the Middle Eastern kingdom.

The two sides are in negotiations around whether or not Saudi Arabia should be allowed to build uranium enrichment facilities within their borders, something the Saudis want but U.S. officials fear could lead to the development of nuclear weapons there.

"Either Russia or China is going to be a partner in building civil nuclear capability in the kingdom of Saudi Arabia, or the United States [is]," Perry said at a Senate Armed Services Committee Thursday, according to Politico. "I think it's important for us to negotiate in a really good and a powerful way, but recognizing that the alternative of who they're going to be doing business with is of great concern to me."...

Yep!
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.