Author Topic: F-35B represents ‘significant leap in war-fighting capability’ says US Navy  (Read 501 times)

rangerrebew

F-35B represents ‘significant leap in war-fighting capability’ says US Navy
By
George Allison -
March 23, 2018

Recently, A detachment of F-35B jets landed on board the amphibious assault ship USS Wasp, marking the first time the aircraft has deployed on board a US Navy ship.

“Pairing F-35B Lightning II’s with the Wasp represents one of the most significant leaps in warfighting capability for the Navy-Marine Corps team in our lifetime,” said Rear Adm. Brad Cooper, commander, Expeditionary Strike Group 7.

https://ukdefencejournal.org.uk/f-35b-represents-significant-leap-in-war-fighting-capability-says-us-navy/

Offline jpsb

Everything I read says the F-35 is a dog.

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
Everything I read says the F-35 is a dog.
Did you read this article?

Everything I know about it says different.  There has been a lot and I mean a lot of gross misrepresentation about the problems that border on outright lying.

The jet has its teething problems to be sure, as has every other technologically advanced aircraft of its day.  The F22 was "a dog", the F117 was "a dog", the F16 was "a dog", the F15 was "a dog", etc., etc., ad nauseum.

Ask yourself this.  Why is the technology present in the F35 being incorporated into the F22?  Why are other active airframes incorporating technology to allow them to interact with the F35?

Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.