Author Topic: The world according to John Bolton... in his own words  (Read 661 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
The world according to John Bolton... in his own words
« on: March 23, 2018, 04:16:35 am »
Excerpt:
The world according to John Bolton... in his own words
MEE staff

On the attempted coup against Turkey's president, Recep Tayyip Erdogan, 2016: "Erdogan... wants an Islamic state. The failed military coup was most likely the last gasp of the secular generals. Whether he goes on to declare a Turkish caliphate or not, I don't know, but he has laid the ground."

On the Iranian nuclear deal, 2016: "The Iran nuclear deal, in my opinion, was the worst act of appeasement in American history.

Read more at: http://www.middleeasteye.net/news/john-bolton-donald-trump-314509430

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: The world according to John Bolton... in his own words
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2018, 04:41:49 am »
I've always liked Bolton.  He's a good pick, in my humble opinion.  He didn't take any crap off the tin horns when he was in the UN...no wonder the Rats fought so hard to keep him out.  Reading this article, I'd say he's made the right enemies, too.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2018, 03:15:02 pm »
I've always liked Bolton.  He's a good pick, in my humble opinion.  He didn't take any crap off the tin horns when he was in the UN...no wonder the Rats fought so hard to keep him out.  Reading this article, I'd say he's made the right enemies, too.

I agree.  Thanks for posting this, @TomSea.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2018, 04:04:28 pm »
The website, must be a magazine, Foreign Policy seems to definitely lean left, just like that magazine called "The Week", here is their print article, "John Bolton Is A National Security Threat", just posting, it's an editorial, not saying I agree with it. It is very much like other articles criticizing the choice:

John Bolton Is a National Security Threat
By Colin Kahl, Jon Wolfsthal

Lieutenant General H.R. McMaster is out as Trump’s national security adviser and former U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations (and current Fox News contributor) John Bolton is in. This is no mere rotation of on-screen personalities in the latest episode of “The Trump Show.” It is a move with potentially profound implications for the direction of U.S. foreign policy. Indeed, Bolton’s ascendance increases the risk of not one, but two wars — with North Korea and Iran.

McMaster was no dove. But Bolton falls into an entirely different category of dangerous uber-hawk. Fifteen years ago, Bolton championed the Iraq war and, to this day, he continues to believe the most disastrous foreign policy decision in a generation was a good idea. Bolton’s position on Iraq was no anomaly. Shortly before the 2003 invasion, he reportedly told Israeli officials that once Saddam Hussein was deposed, it would be necessary to deal with Syria, Iran, and North Korea. He has essentially maintained this position ever since. Put plainly: for Bolton, there are few international problems where war is not the answer.

http://foreignpolicy.com/2018/03/23/john-bolton-is-a-national-security-threat/

Good to read all sides. As far as I'm concerned, saying we should bomb Iran or North Korea as preventative measures is going to far...but that does not mean that is a policy we would actually implement, that was him talking. He is not the President, he was considering running for President.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2018, 04:18:47 pm »
The website, must be a magazine, Foreign Policy seems to definitely lean left, just like that magazine called "The Week", here is their print article, "John Bolton Is A National Security Threat", just posting, it's an editorial, not saying I agree with it. It is very much like other articles criticizing the choice:

Good to read all sides. As far as I'm concerned, saying we should bomb Iran or North Korea as preventative measures is going to far...but that does not mean that is a policy we would actually implement, that was him talking. He is not the President, he was considering running for President.

Gee, I was really liking John Bolton, then I read that article.  Now I like him even more!

Since the author completely misrepresented what Bolton had to say and do with the Iraq war, I could just set that part aside and read on, noticing the author thinks the "deal" with Iran is a wonderful thing.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: