Author Topic: Richard Spencer associate charged in Michigan State protest  (Read 513 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Richard Spencer associate charged in Michigan State protest
« on: March 22, 2018, 07:45:11 pm »
Richard Spencer associate charged in Michigan State protest
Updated 12:52 PM; Posted 10:41 AM

An associate of white nationalist Richard Spencer is the 11th person arraigned on criminal charges following violent protests that erupted at Michigan State University over Spencer's appearance on campus March 5.

Gregory Conte, 29, was arraigned Monday on a charge of resisting and obstructing police, a felony that carries up to a two-year prison sentence, according to the Ingham County Prosecutor's Office.

Conte was arrested at the protest, but initially released pending review by prosecutors.

Read more at: http://www.mlive.com/news/index.ssf/2018/03/richard_spencer_associate_char.html

11 arrests, 9 facing felony charges at whatever this was that happened at Michigan State. This sounds pretty serious then. And there might just be a little bit of politicking going on and going after these people. I certainly do not like Spencer but this all sounds very harsh.  To charge that many, you'd think it was a full-scale riot. More here: http://www.mlive.com/news/index.ssf/2018/03/richard_spencer_associate_char.html

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
Re: Richard Spencer associate charged in Michigan State protest
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2018, 08:16:42 pm »
They want to bring back the "Trump Is The Nazi President" narrative.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Re: Richard Spencer associate charged in Michigan State protest
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2018, 08:20:35 pm »
They want to bring back the "Trump Is The Nazi President" narrative.

I think I've figured this story out some, Spencer has sued universities to speak, maybe universities don't like that, this is how they fight back.

BUT now what is happening, is Spencer has drawn back on his "speaking at universities" policy, reconsidering it, per other stories in the news.

And for me anyway, it's hard to disassociate that disaster called Charlottesville with Spencer and other similar types. They were there.

Apparently, Spencer is seeing the price is not worth it and perhaps law enforcement will allow plea bargaining to where these are minor offenses if Spencer and the others, stop pushing their message in this manner.