Author Topic: King man accused of making threats against UNC Charlotte posts bond  (Read 523 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
King man accused of making threats against UNC Charlotte posts bond
Connatix

Matthew Recoy Saavedra

KING, N.C. — A UNC Charlotte student who is also a King resident was arrested Tuesday on a charge that he made a false report of mass violence at the university, an arrest warrant says. Search warrants connected to the case said investigators found blueprints of campus buildings and evacuation plans in the student’s Charlotte apartment earlier this month.

Matthew Recoy Saavedra, 20, was released from the Forsyth County Jail after he posted a $25,000 bond on the charge, the Forsyth County Sheriff’s Office said Tuesday. He is scheduled to appear in court in Charlotte on April 16.

Read more at: http://myfox8.com/2018/03/21/king-man-accused-of-making-threats-against-unc-charlotte-posts-bond/

Sounds like they should not have let him post bond. I wonder if the prosecution wanted to deny him bail. Pretty bad.

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
Re: King man accused of making threats against UNC Charlotte posts bond
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2018, 06:04:42 pm »
Pronounced "Kang" by the locals.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline Suppressed

Re: King man accused of making threats against UNC Charlotte posts bond
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2018, 02:42:12 am »
Yes, he's Republican.

That name "Recoy" is interesting. I don't think I've heard it before.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn