Author Topic: Illinois: Illinois governor narrowly survives tight primary By Reid Wilson - 03/20/18 11:33 PM EDT  (Read 947 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Illinois Gov. Bruce Rauner (R) has lived to fight another day after winning a surprisingly close GOP primary ahead of what is almost certain to be a difficult reelection bid in November.

Rauner held off conservative state Rep. Jeanne Ives (R) by a slim margin on Tuesday, despite outspending her on television advertising by a more than five-to-one margin.

"This primary election was hard fought. I am honored and humbled by this victory because you have given me the chance to win the battle against the corruption that plagues Illinois. I want to congratulate my opponent Jeanne Ives on her campaign," Rauner said in a statement shortly before the race was called by the Associated Press.

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/379440-illinois-governor-narrowly-survives-tight-primary
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34